Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Converting EPS to JPG issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Converting EPS to JPG issue Post 302589446 by rlopes on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 07:41:14 PM
Old 01-11-2012
Converting EPS to JPG issue

I'm trying to convert a file with the following command:

convert -verbose image.eps -resize 500x image.jpg

The problem is that the output image loses it's quality and gets all blurred when resized. It shouldn't happen since I'm working with a vector.

I'm pretty sure that I'm missing a command option.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF/EPS to GIf/JPG Help!!

Hello. I have a large number of EPS files and a lesser number of PDFs that I need to convert to GIFs/JPGs using a Unix system. Is there a unix utility or application out there that can do this conversion? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. -Pook (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PookJP
1 Replies

2. AIX

jpg image

Hello I would like to see an jpeg image with aix. It is possible ? how can i do ? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

eps or ps output files

I am writing a text for LaTeX compile. I think that my grace figs need to be .ps or .eps files for incorporation. Can one just do a 'save as X.eps' for this, or is another method required? Thanks- Marshall (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: blann
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all but JPG files

I would like to delete all files but keep all the .JPG files. How can this be accomplished? Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wget JPG not working

Hi, I am new to Unix. Actually, I am using Terminal from MAC OSX Snow Leopard. I have installed XCode and wget 1.14 today. I just want to download all of the jpg files from a specific blog (from blogspot). But its not working. Here is the command I use: wget -r -nd -A jpg come-se All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruleke
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting pdf to jpg in multiple directories?

Hi! On my Ubuntu I have thousands of files in a couple hundred directories. I'm trying to convert the pdf's to jpg's. I used this command in terminal: for fname in *.pdf; do convert $fname ${fname%.pdf}.jpg; doneIt works great but the problem is I have to run this in terminal for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird issue in converting XLSX to TXT

Hi Guys, I have used Perl scripting to convert XLSX file to TXT file using Perl module Spreadsheet::XLSX. I processed one XLSX file having one column and 65k rows of data . Strangely ,It is merging data for every 2047 row and I could see data in TXT file as Ex: Suppose in XLSX file ,if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajk459
2 Replies

9. Programming

Python[Issue in converting .py to .exe using py2exe

Hi Experts, Good morning. I am trying to convert my hello.py to hello .exe file. I followed the steps as mentioned in the documentation but getting errors in the end. Please help. What I did as below-- Created hello.py file print ("Hello world!") raw_input('') Then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
0 Replies
PNMTORLE(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  PNMTORLE(1)

NAME
pnmtorle - convert a Netpbm image file into an RLE image file. SYNOPSIS
pnmtorle [ -h ] [ -v ] [ -a ] [ -o outfile ] [ pnmfile ] DESCRIPTION
This program converts Netpbm image files into Utah RLE(5) image files. You can include an alpha mask. If the input is a multiple image file, the output consists of several concatenated RLE images. The RLE file will contain either a three channel color image (24 bits) or a single channel grayscale image (8 bits) depending upon the pnm file depth. If a converted ppm is displayed on an 8 bit display, the image must be dithered. In order to produce a better looking image (on 8 bit displays), it is recommended that the image be quantizing (to 8 bit mapped color) prior to its display. This may be done by pip- ing the output of this program into the Utah mcut(1) or rlequant(1) utilities. An example of this is shown later. OPTIONS
-v This option will cause pnmtorle to operate in verbose mode. The header information is written to "stderr". Actually, there is not much header information stored in a Netpbm file, so this information is minimal. -h This option allows the header of the Netpbm image to be dumped to "stderr" without converting the file. It is equivalent to using the -v option except that no file conversion takes place. -a This option causes pnmtorle to include an alpha channel in the output image. The alpha channel is based on the image: Wherever a pixel is black, the corresponding alpha value is transparent. Everywhere else, the alpha value is fully opaque. -o outfile If specified, the output will be written to this file. If outfile is "-", or if it is not specified, the output will be written to the standard output stream. pnmfile The name of the Netpbm image data file to be converted. If not specified, standard input is assumed. EXAMPLES
pnmtorle -v file.ppm -o file.rle While running in verbose mode, convert file.ppm to RLE format and store resulting data in file.rle. pnmtorle -h file.pgm Dump the header information of the Netpbm file called file.pgm. SEE ALSO
rletopnm(1), urt(1), RLE(5). AUTHOR
Wes Barris Army High Performance Computing Research Center (AHPCRC) Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc. 1 March 31, 1994 PNMTORLE(1)