Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing empty subdirs before delete Post 302589184 by mann2719 on Wednesday 11th of January 2012 03:58:26 AM
Old 01-11-2012
printing empty subdirs before delete

just tried to tweak jayan code , give it try :
Code:
find $1 -type d -size 0 ac -print -exec rmdir -ps {} \;

SmilieSmilie

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-11-2012 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing an empty line in a file (perl)

I know this must be really easy, but i can't get it to work I've got a perl script, with a file. I want to print an empty line, and the following doesn't seem to work: print nameoffile "\n" thanks for your help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete multiple empty lines

Hi, I need to delete the lines with empty name. What is the best way to do it? Thanks a lot for your help! EMID MMDDYY HOURS JOB EMNAME 0241 051605 11.40 52062 someone 0520 051605 10.63 52062 0520 051605 10.66 52062 0520 051605 10.65 52062 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete an empty file from dir.

Hi, I have an dir which has 50K file, some of them are empty. I want to delete the empty file from the dir. I am planning to use the following command. ls -l | grep " 0 " | awk '{print $9}' I can copy this to an file and then how do I use this file to delete the empty files.... Any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Script40
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to delete empty lines

abc# abc#this is a test abc#this is a test to delete abc# xyz# xyz#this is a test two xyz# In the above example '#' is common. How to do delete the emply lines. In specific to observe the output as: abc#this is a test abc#this is a test to delete xyz#this is a test two . . . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aejaz
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required on printing the line if third field is not a empty space

Hi Experts, I want to print the lines whose third field in non-empty/blank space. i.e. INPUT FILE/B] dcdccghjrry0yd cont dcdccttrk820529 cont rdekedfsSCr dcdccttrdky2d0y cont rdekedfsSC2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines with empty second column

hi, I'd like to ask you if you can help me with such surely easy thing - I have some data and need to plot them. I have txt of data in two columns, tab separated, but some second columns are empty. like 1```` 2 1.2`` 3```` 2 4.44` 5````` 6.1```1 how can I erase all the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete empty files

I'm trying to write a shell script to files of zero length in a specified directory, but I keep getting errors. Would anybody be kind enough to look it over for issues? Thanks a bunch in advance. #!/bin/sh if then if then find $1 -type f -size 0 -print|xargs rm exit 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ScriptingIssues
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete empty directories recursively - HP-UX

Hi, I want to delete all empty directories in a long directore tree structure. I want to use that from a script that will run on HP-UX 11. My definition of empty directory is that there is no regular file under it and directly beneath it. To elaborate, I have below directories. /app/dev/java... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete some empty folders?

I have an amount of folders and I want to delete only the empty ones. But I have more than 200 empty folders, so I would preffer do not delete one by one... I know it is possible, but I don't know how. I've tried with the size, using 'du' command, and saving the result in a file. After that, I made... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saitsug
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete everything after empty line in file

Hello, I am trying to remove everything coming after empty line under ubuntu14.04. How may I do it? file: aaa 020390 bb00id3 c03wisi 209dl x092sia 0290s I expect: aaa 020390 bb00id3 c03wisi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
mmsclient_script(4)						   File Formats 					       mmsclient_script(4)

NAME
mmsclient_script - script file for mmsclient program SYNOPSIS
mmsclient_script DESCRIPTION
This man page describes the syntax of the script file that is driven by the mmsclient(1M) utility. This file contains a list of Media Man- agement Protocol (MMP) commands that are used to communicate with a Media Management server. The MMP and the commands in the script file are based, in part, on IEEE 1244, the Media Management System (MMS) standards. In the script file, each MMP command must start with one of the following symbols as the first character: # Comment character Indicates the following characters document the file or command. Any character following the # character on the same line is ignored. @ Async command Indicates that the command on the next line is sent in async mode. Any character following the @ character on the same line is ignored. The MMP command to be performed must start on the next line. Commands that are not preceded with the @ character are sent in sync mode, that is, the mmsclient command waits for a response before continuing to the next MMP command in the file. $ Sync point Forces the mmsclient command to wait for a response to a previous async command. For example, if the script contained an async com- mand such as: @task["Get volume Names"] ...a subsequent command: $Get volume Names ...stops the script until the volume names are retrieved. > Interactive MMP prompt Displays a prompt on the display device and pauses the script. To respond to the prompt, type the requested information, ending with the semicolon (;) character. The mmsclient utility then sends the information to the MMS server. To skip the MMP prompt, type the q character. % Pause the script The script stops until you press the Enter key. ! Execute a command The mmsclient utility issues a call to system(3C) to invoke a command. Whatever command follows ! is run in the shell in which mmsclient is run. For example: ! date See the shell commands in the example script below. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example Script The following script, demo_example, demonstrates the special characters and some MMP commands. It is executed with default values when the command: # mmsclient -f demo _example ...is run. #mmsclient example script #Send show commands in sync mode show task["sync show command 1"] report[DM] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; show task["sync show command 2"] report[LM LIBRARY] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; #Pause the script and wait for someone to #press Enter to continue % #send show commands in async mode @ show task["async show command 1"] report[DRIVE] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; @ show task["async show command 2"] report[CARTRIDGE VOLUME] reportmode[namevalue] number[1..2]; #set a sync point for the second async command, #to stop the script until the response is complete $async show command 2 #set a sync point for an unsent command and set #a sync pont for a command that has already received a response. #mmsclient does not stop for either one $sync show command 1 #Start interactive MMP prompt. #To continue, enter an MMP command or 'q' > #Register for a some events notify task["notify test3"] receive[tag["client connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "MMP")]] receive[tag["client disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "MMP")]] receive[tag["DM connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "DMP")]] receive[tag["DM disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "DMP")]] receive[tag["LM connected"] object[CONNECTION] action["add"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "LMP")]] receive[tag["LM disconnected"] object[CONNECTION] action["delete"] match[streq(CONNECTION."Language" "LMP")]] ; #Pause the script #Connect another mmsclient to see some events #Press Enter key to continue % notify task["delete all CONNECTION events"] cancel[object[CONNECTION]]; #Pause the script and wait. #Connect another mmsclient to verify the events are cancelled. #Press Enter key to continue % #Execute some simple shell commands !echo Hello World !uname -a !hostname #Pause the script and wait. #Press Enter key to continue % #Send last command in async mode. #mmsclient does not exit until it receives the responses #for all pending commmands. @ show task["async show command 3"] report[APPLICATION] reportmode[namevalue]; @ show task["async show command 4"] report[AI] reportmode[namevalue]; ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmmsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mmsadm(1M), mmsclient(1M), mmsexplorer(1M), mmsinit(1M), system(3C), attributes(5) IEEE 1244, IEEE Storage Systems Standards, a set of MMS standards SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2008 mmsclient_script(4)