Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: another parsing question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting another parsing question Post 302588182 by ahamed101 on Saturday 7th of January 2012 09:46:54 AM
Old 01-07-2012
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{print "Server Name, HBA UID, SP Name:SP Port ID, Logged In, Defined, StorageGroup Name"}
/Server Name/{a=$NF} /HBA UID/{b=$NF} /SP Name/{c[++i]=$(NF-1)$NF}
/SP Port ID/{d[i]=$NF} /Logged In/{e=$NF} /Defined/{f=$NF}
/StorageGroup Name/{g=$NF;p++} p==2{print a,b,c[1]":"d[1]"-"c[2]":"d[2],e,f,g;i=p=0;}' OFS=, infile

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text parsing question

How would I split a file based on the location of a string, basically I want all entries above the string unix in this example 1 2 3 4 unix 5 6 7 Thanks, Chuck (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you could help me out - I have a directory /home/users/datafiles/ which contain files "dat dd-mm-yy.xls" I am trying to write a script which does the following - (1) loops through all the files (2) retrieves the dd-mm-yy string and converts it into a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: muser
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing question.

Hi There, First time poster here. I've got a parsing question and have a solution but am sure there is a much better way of doing this with just awk. My knowledge of awk is pretty limited so hope someone out there can give me a better solution. Here's the problem, I'm receiving a file from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_happosai
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Awk for Data Parsing

Hi, I am doing some data parsing for some economics research. I was recently exposed to shell script and am brand new to awk. I have a large csv file (like 10G) and I would like to make it a lot smaller with awk, but it is a bit tricky for me and I haven't been able to get it yet. I would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EconResearch
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing question

I need some help loading an array. I have two unique delimiters, but I keep running into recursion. #!/usr/bin/perl $INFILE="/root/scripts/data.txt"; $pat1="SCRIPT####"; $pat2="SCRIPT#echo"; $flag=0; $inc=0; $chunk=""; open(INFILE,"<$INFILE")|| die; while(<INFILE>) { if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_becker
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about reading and parsing text file

Hello, I'm just getting started with BASH programming. I would like to write a script to solve a file renaming problem I have. I received a directory containing a collection (>2000) of files whose names are in DOS 8.3 format, and woild like to rename the filenames to a longer and more... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: polomora
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about argument parsing in scripts

Hello all, I am relatively new to linux and bash scripting. I have what seems to be a simple question but I'm having trouble finding the answer. The question is what is the difference between the variables $@ and $*. I've seen them both used in the same context, and I've tried a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicthu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob question about parsing a website

I'm trying to parse the website, finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ge&ql=1, and retrieve the info between <span id="yfs_l84_ge">18.98</span>, so 18.98. What would be the best way to go about this in a bash script? Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayson
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing question (awk)

Input File Name of the session: filesrv_quo snap Logical Units UID: 60:06:01:60:01:7B:25:00:C8:86:B0:CA:5B:A2:E0:11 Name of the session: verspn2_at_176_0218 snap Logical Units UID: Name of the session: DRT-ny-iadsql1-c_ny-iadsql2-c snap Logical Units UID: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
4 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)