Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in below scenario
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help in below scenario Post 302587796 by itkamaraj on Friday 6th of January 2012 03:22:18 AM
Old 01-06-2012
duplicate

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...-help-sed.html

---------- Post updated at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:29 PM ----------

Code:
$ nawk -F, '{if($0~/11,23[12]/){a=0;print $0}else if($0~/11,23[3-9]/){a=1}if(a==0 && $0~/^22/){print $0}} ' input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird scenario with Awk

Guys, this one is rather odd. I've got an array of numbers, and I'm trying to select only the records with the string "Random" in the 4th column. I'm using awk in this format: awk '{ if (( $6 -eq Random )) print $0 }' For some odd reason, this is simply giving me the list of all the entries... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a column in this scenario

Hi, I need to sort the 3rd column in ascending order , each and every column are seperated by ~. sample input file : 2~Lead Time Metrics~jennife1 2~Lead Time Metrics~mmullis 2~Lead Time Metrics~lisah 2~Lead Time Metrics~pros 2~Lead Time Metrics~kenward can any one help me out . i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file sending scenario

hi all i have a view in the database with columns prod_no,prod_nm, prod_code using a shell script i should query this view and dump the data in a delimited flat file and send to another ftp server.... i also have to schedule this periodically using cron tab. can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP scenario

#!/usr/bin/ksh Archive_Dir='/apps/SrcFiles/MTCHG_GFTS/BRGR/Archive' Source_Dir='/apps/SrcFiles/MTCHG_GFTS/BRGR' cd $Source_Dir HOST='xyz.abc.com' USER='abcOUT' PSW='xyzOUT' file="Request*.pgp" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 do sftp $USER@$HOST <<END_SCRIPT $PSW bin if ] ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use IFS in this scenario?

Given the scenario like this, if at all if have to use IFS on the below given example, how it should be used. IFS=/ eg: /xyz/123/348/file1 I want to use the last slash /file1 . So can anyone, suggest me how to pick the last "/" as a IFS. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Script This Scenario

hi all, i have to schedule an email containing the information about some orphan connections existing on the server depending upon the system date. the format of the info to be sent in email is : Process id username servername time when connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka S
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement scenario?

hi, i am having three files which is having following data file1: field1 field2 field3 1 A B 2 C D 3 E F file2: 4 G H 1 I J 5 K L file3: 4 M N (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it possible to write script for this scenario??

Hi all, We are hosting Web server using Apache -tomcat , in our company we are following this way for our every new enhancement in production server. for example if the developers move any new code moved to the server means that time we'll do 1.first check the time / date 2. mod_jk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging scenario

Hi, My input file contains 1,2 2,4 3,6 4,9 9,10 My expected output is 1,10 2,10 3,6 4,1 9,10 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic help with Scenario

Hello Folks I am looking for logic help for below scenerio with respect to AIX n unix script 1) We need to get the date of all the saturday in yr 2) L_o left over days is weeks left over days for previous month for eg. first sat of feb is 4th of feb in that week we have 29 - 30 - 31 from Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshiamit
2 Replies
SIZE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   SIZE(1)

NAME
size - print the size of the sections in an object file SYNOPSIS
size [ option ... ] [ object ... ] DESCRIPTION
Size (without the -m option) prints the (decimal) number of bytes required by the __TEXT, __DATA and __OBJC segments. All other segments are totaled and that size is listed in the `others' column. The final two columns is the sum in decimal and hexadecimal. If no file is specified, a.out is used. The options to size(1) are: - Treat the remaining arguments as name of object files not options to size(1). -m Print the sizes of the Mach-O segments and sections as well as the total sizes of the sections in each segment and the total size of the segments in the file. -l When used with the -m option, also print the addresses and offsets of the sections and segments. -x When used with the -m option, print the values in hexadecimal (with leading 0x's) rather than decimal. -arch arch_type Specifies the architecture, arch_type, of the file for size(1) to operate on when the file is a universal file. (See arch(3) for the currently know arch_types.) The arch_type can be "all" to operate on all architectures in the file. The default is to display only the host architecture, if the file contains it; otherwise, all architectures in the file are shown. SEE ALSO
otool(1) BUGS
The size of common symbols can't be reflected in any of the numbers for relocatable object files. Apple Computer, Inc. July 28, 2005 SIZE(1)