Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack Post 302587695 by saurabhkoar on Thursday 5th of January 2012 02:55:45 PM
Old 01-05-2012
Thanks a lot. Doubt clear Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

2. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set stack for Oracle's user?

Hi all! I've got a problem. Primary: Sun Sparc V890, 64bit Standby: HP-Proliant ML 350, 64bit In the machine that I've got configured physical standby database, the alert_log_file point me one error: Sat Feb 28 00:40:08 2009 ORA-00202: control file:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
5 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Openserver Kernel and network stack

Hi everybody My SCO 5.0.2 OpenServer got its kernel corruptions and network stack was accicentially deleted. I would like to know if we have any chance to rebuild its kernel and network stack. Any help will be great thankfully appreciate TN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
1 Replies

5. Programming

which function copies data from user to kernel mode

when transitionaning from user to kernel mode which function copies data from user mode buffer to kernel mode? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
clear(3XCURSES) 					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					   clear(3XCURSES)

NAME
clear, erase, wclear, werase - clear a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int clear(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
The clear() and erase() functions clear stdscr, destroying its previous contents. The wclear() and werase() functions perform the same action, but clear the window specified by win instead of stdscr. The clear() and wclear() functions also call the clearok() function. This function clears and redraws the entire screen on the next call to refresh(3XCURSES) or wrefresh(3XCURSES) for the window. The current background character (and attributes) is used to clear the screen. PARAMETERS
win Is a pointer to the window that is to be cleared. ERRORS
OK Successful completion. ERR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bkgdset(3XCURSES), clearok(3XCURSES), clrtobot(3XCURSES), clrtoeol(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), refresh(3XCURSES), wrefresh(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 clear(3XCURSES)