Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix Post 302587421 by aksar on Wednesday 4th of January 2012 11:06:04 PM
Old 01-05-2012
Its a ksh, running in unix server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect to sybase from Unix(AIX)

I have a script given below so can anyone explain me what it does? echo "use $DSQUERY\n go\n insert into ff.SmartCareLogin (username, password, userrole, fullname) values ('$1', '$1', '$2', '$3') go"|isql -Uff -P what is the use of $DSQUERY and go. When i am firiing isql command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql query in unix shell

Hi i want write a script for list of sysbase are having access or open. then i wrote like: USER="abc" PASS="xyz" SERVER="SCCS" DB="blue" WORK_DIR="/usr/home/ramakrishna" set -x isql -U${USER} -P${PASS} -S${SERVER}<<EOF>$WORK_DIR/output.log go use blue (database name) go use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix capture oracle function error

Hi, I want to execute an oracle function from unix script so for that I created a sample oracle function as below: create or replace function test_fn(test_date out varchar2) RETURN varchar2 IS BEGIN select to_char(sysdate,'DD-MON-YY') into test_date from dual; return test_date;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i access sybase using isql and how do i get result set in perl script?

Hi, How do i get result set in perl script using isql while connecting sybase server. I have a perl script which connected to sybase and get the result set. but i wanted to get the result set. How do i get the result set in perl script not unix shell script.. $server ="ServerName"; open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solo123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase isql writing spaces to file

I'm running isql in sybase on a Linux box to read a table, and write the contents to a file. It needs to be a nice comma delimited file for input into another system. It reads the DB fine and writes the file. However, I have two issues. 1) I don't want the line width to be limited in any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cynthia
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Sybase connectivity via UNIX

Helo Experts, I have an issue in connecting to sybase from UNIX. PFB, my code : #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # # Filename: docflo_split.sh # # Description:docflo_split.sh WrapperScript splits the temporary file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nits
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)