Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Get the day of given date in aix Post 302587018 by parthmittal2007 on Wednesday 4th of January 2012 01:47:48 AM
Old 01-04-2012
@balajesuri
Sorry if you feel hurted, my intentions are not like that. I learned from you, and giving knowledge to others.what a wrong in this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting day from a date...

Hi, I have a date input in MMDDYYYY format.. I have to give the day (whether that DD is sunday/monday...) Is there any command for it... Or do I have to write a script for that... Thanks in Advance Yeheya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date - 1 day

Hi, I have been trying just about every unix command to come up with yesterday's date (today's date - 1). I have seen all of the help on this forum, and none of it seems to work for me here. We are using Sun Solaris 9 Unix. I am using this script to create a .txt file with ftp commands that I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfedak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting date -1 day not using GNU date

It's easy as pie to get the date minus one day on opensolaris: date -d "-1 day" +"%Y%m%d"run this command on our crappy Solaris 10 machines however (which I'm guessing doesn't have GNU date running on it) and you get: date: illegal option -- d date: illegal option -- 1 date: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get day from date variable

Ok...this is really bumming me out because it seems like it should be simple, but for some reason, I just can't get it...I've also googled and searched these forums, and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for... I have a date in mm/dd/yyyy format in a variable...I need to extract the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date to Day in loop

Hi All, I have a file in the following format.I need to pick up 25th field which is a date and convert it into a day and add it as a field in the file. "AAGENAS,PEARL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

8. AIX

Need to get the next day's date of the user entered date

I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date for example: Enter date (yyyy/mm/yy): 2013/10/08I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date Desired Output: 2013/10/09Though there are ways to achieve this is Linux or Unix environment (date command) ,I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm120
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate given date - 1 day

Hi Team, We have a requirement as follows. If a date 20141220 as parameter to the script, then the script has to return the output as 20141219. i.e given date - 1. The requirement is simple. But it should satisfy leap year, the months having 31 and 30 days, the date in which day light... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfengine - network configuration engine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfenvgraph [options] COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
--help --file Override default input database --erasehistory Erase machine-learned history of named traces. Comma separated list (no spaces) --outputdir override name of output directory --titles Generate titles in output data files for traces --timestamps Add time stamps to output directory --resolution Maximum output resolution (default is smoothed over each hour). --separate Plot separate output files for each trace. --no-error-bars Do not add uncertainty margins to output. --no-scaling Do not renormalize graphs for convenient representation --now Show data for last four hours only in high resolution. --verbose DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. Cfenvd is part of the anomaly detection subsystem for cfagent. cfenvgraph is a research tool for extracting graphs of the learned history of system performance from the learned database. Users are referred to the web page http://www.cfengine.org/confdir/cfenvgraph.html for an explanation of this graphical tool. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)