Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread Dump
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Thread Dump Post 302586630 by ahamed101 on Monday 2nd of January 2012 11:02:16 PM
Old 01-03-2012
So, what is stopping you from viewing it? Or did you mean that you want to see as and when it happens?
Use tail in that case
Code:
tail -f /opt/test/logs/Catiline.log

If not, tell us more!

--ahamed

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

3. Programming

Thread prog (core dump)

Could any one please suggest me how to solve this...... when I compiled the program and tried to execute it as follows, it works fine under different inputs like: ./main -r 300 -w 3 -s 100 ./main -r 600 -w 3 -s 1000 ./main -r 10 -w 3 -s 100 But it fails when I tired to give the input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumars
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Thread Dump not working

Hello, I'm running a kill -QUIT on few process IDs (OS: Solaris) but the Thread Dump is empty. Can you please help me get it back on? Since I'm quite new to this, I'm not aware of the checks. Please let me know for the info required to debug this issue. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
3 Replies

5. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies
pthread_getsequence_np(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 pthread_getsequence_np(3)

NAME
pthread_getsequence_np - Obtains the unique identifier for the specified thread. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> unsigned long pthread_getsequence_np( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
None PARAMETERS
Thread object whose sequence number is to be obtained. DESCRIPTION
This routine obtains and returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object specified in the thread argument. The thread sequence number provides a unique identifier for each existing thread. A thread's thread sequence number is never reused while the thread exists, but can be reused after the thread terminates. The debugger interfaces use this sequence number to identify each thread in commands and in display output. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread object. RETURN VALUES
No errors are returned. This routine returns the DECthreads thread sequence number for the thread identified by the thread object speci- fied in the thread argument. The result of calling this routine is undefined if the thread argument does not specify a valid thread. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_create(3), pthread_self(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_getsequence_np(3)