Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread Dump
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Thread Dump Post 302586630 by ahamed101 on Monday 2nd of January 2012 11:02:16 PM
Old 01-03-2012
So, what is stopping you from viewing it? Or did you mean that you want to see as and when it happens?
Use tail in that case
Code:
tail -f /opt/test/logs/Catiline.log

If not, tell us more!

--ahamed

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

3. Programming

Thread prog (core dump)

Could any one please suggest me how to solve this...... when I compiled the program and tried to execute it as follows, it works fine under different inputs like: ./main -r 300 -w 3 -s 100 ./main -r 600 -w 3 -s 1000 ./main -r 10 -w 3 -s 100 But it fails when I tired to give the input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumars
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Thread Dump not working

Hello, I'm running a kill -QUIT on few process IDs (OS: Solaris) but the Thread Dump is empty. Can you please help me get it back on? Since I'm quite new to this, I'm not aware of the checks. Please let me know for the info required to debug this issue. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
3 Replies

5. Linux

Thread specific data from linux core dump

How do i get pointer to thread's local storage or thread specific data while analyzing core dump for linux ? i use pthread_setspecific to store some data in the pthread's local stoare. my multi threaded program on linux crashed, and i want to see what is stored in current running thread's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwasungal
2 Replies
LOGTOP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LOGTOP(1)

NAME
logtop - Realtime log line rate analyser SYNOPSIS
logtop [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
logtop is a System Administrator tool analyzing line rate on stdin. It reads on stdin and print a constantly updated result displaying, in columns: Line number, count, frequency, and the actual line. $ tail -f FILE | logtop is the friendly version of: $ watch 'tail FILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -gr' OPTIONS
-s, --size=K Only keep K lines in memory, instead of 10000. -q, --quiet Do not display a live view of the data, only display a top at exit. -l, --line-by-line=K Print result line by line, in a machine friendly format, K is the number of result to print per line. Line by line format is : [%d %f %s ]* %d : Number of occurences %f : Frequency of apparition %s : String (Control chars replaced by dots. -i, --interval=K Interval between graphical updates, in seconds. Defaults to 1. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. EXAMPLES
Here are some logtop usage examples. tail -f cache.log | grep -o "HIT|MISS" | logtop Realtime hit / miss ratio on some caching software log file. tail -f access.log | cut -d' ' -f1 | logtop -s 10000 Realtime most querying IPs on your server, as long as log lines in access.log starts with the client IP. tail -f access.log | cut -d' ' -f7 | logtop -s 10000 Realtime most requested web pages in a NCSA like log file. cat auth.log | grep -v "CRON" | grep -o ": .*" | logtop -q -s 100000 Display a one-shot simple analyse of your auth.log. SEE ALSO
watch(1) AUTHOR
logtop was written by Julien Palard. This manual page was written by Julien Palard <julien@palard.fr>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). April 16, 2011 LOGTOP(1)