Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Installing CadenceRTLCompilerRC09.10.100 on fedora 11 32 bit Post 302586486 by otheus on Monday 2nd of January 2012 07:18:26 AM
Old 01-02-2012
I'm guessing "rc" is the script or launching program for Cadence. This means either the installation didn't set your path, or you have to logout/login again so that the rc tool is in your path.

FC probably runs "update" on a daily basis, so by now you should be able to run
Code:
locate */rc

and get back one or two full paths -- one of which is probably related to your Cadence installation and which you should run (with the full path).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

installing Fedora Core 3 - is it always this hard?

Hiya all RE: My previous post on installing FC-3. on a more serious note.... Is it always this much of a pain to install? Or do I have a knackered CD drive? (When it did the Cd scan at the start of the install - all 4 scanned fine 1st time tho....) Please advise... as I'm thinking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installing mrouted in fedora core

hello; i'm trying to install mrouted-3.9b3-1.i386.rpm in my fedora core 5. but, when i execute the rpm i always have an error message like "this file is no a rpm package"!!!!! can anyone help me? thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem installing perlcc in fedora 9

Hi guys i installed fedora 9 in my system. i installed perl-devel rpm and perl-5.10.0 rpm. But perlcc not in /usr/bin/ directory.But perl,perldoc binaris installed. i am new one for linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksnv
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installing orca in Linux 5.2 64 bit

Hello All, We have a new project in place that calls for RHEL 5.2 64 bit version. This is our first 5.2 as well as 64 bit exposure. On our other Solaris and RHEL 4 systems we used a stats gathering software called ORCA. We are running into problems however trying to install it on RHEL 5.2 64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchitus
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

help regarding installing FEDORA on flash drive

How should i install Fedora onto flash drive .. to boot the OS from flash drive.. plz help me in that!! :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing gcc on Fedora

I am trying to install gcc4.8.2 on fedora but have encountered problems. This is the error I got when running configure configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC 0.8.0+. So I went along to install the three of them I installed gmp-4.3.2 which went ok ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
14 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)