Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating execution of commands inside a program Post 302586418 by asifansari on Monday 2nd of January 2012 01:01:54 AM
Old 01-02-2012
Try this:
Code:
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    do
    cp ../../../EditDistanceRandomParsimonator/RAxML_parsimonyTree.test4D20RI$i.0 intree    
    echo "Enter Option"
    read option
    if [ "$option" == "R" ]
  then
   ./dnapars R
  fi

echo "Enter Option"
    read option
    if [ "$option" == "U" ]
  then
   ./dnapars U
  fi

# other options

cp outfile result$i
    done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-02-2012 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

2. Programming

Debugging Program during execution

I have made use of 'valgrind' and -finstrument-functions compiler option for debugging / analyzing code. Both the options lets us know the line / file being executed to some extent. Is there a generic way that lets program dump the file:line it is getting executed dumped to a log file during... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating executing commands on multiple tapes and changing (loading) them

The thing that we need to be able to do is: - Scanning tapes from failed backup jobs with bscan (a bacula command) - loading the next tape with the mtx command Bscan does unload tapes but does not load them. Bscan comes with this message when it's done with a tape: Mount Volume... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr00tY
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating a Java program using KSH

Hi Guys, We have a java program that basically install updates to an existing software. The java program consist of several screens asking user for choices (please see below for a detailed example) *** Screen 1 *** Please choose the operation you want to perform: 1. Install new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of sh file inside vi editor...

Friends, Please need your help.... How can i run .sh file inside the vi editor in backend in HP Unix. (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetsubhas
19 Replies

6. Programming

Help with C++ program execution.

//Find the root of the equation (x^2)-2 by bisection method. #include<iostream> using namespace std; double a,x; double f(double x) { return ((x*x)-2); } //Suppose the function is (x*x)-2. void calcx(double a1,double b1) { x =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel execution of command inside file

Hi all, I have the requirement to generate the file containing following command eval /path/ dsjob -logdetail projectname JOBNAME /path/ 1. The file contains the above command say about 150 times i,e only the JOBNAME changes in every command 2. The commands must be written in such a way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of compressed program

I need UNIX scripts for polling, Uncompressing files and moving files between directory. Also trying to save file paths and any other variables in an independent file (.env) and use these at runtime by executing this file in the main script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2script
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Usage of shell commands inside a C program

Hi I have a program int main(int srgc, char *argv) { for(int i=1; i<50; i++) { system("dd if=/dev/zero of=file$i bs=1024 count=$i"); } return 0; } My doubt is how to use the "$i" value inside C code Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of Shell Commands

I have a question: Where would I put the Command line (of any command) so that it executes every time I log on? Where would I put it if I want it to execute every time I start a new shell? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
5 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)