Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Requesting a new forum
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Requesting a new forum Post 302586296 by admin_xor on Saturday 31st of December 2011 10:37:36 AM
Old 12-31-2011
Hi Neo & Scott...

Is there any chance to get the new forum (if at all approved!!) started with the new year? Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting input and for loop

Test - Test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting full back up scripts

hi guys linux noob here wanting to learn linux scripting, i need help with a backup script that not only allows me to back up my files but restore them to my own personal directory, had a look at some of the coding from the scripts section on this site but still lost. any help is much appreciated (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie35
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

requesting available port with shell script

how do I request a new and available local port (TCP) to use with shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmylita
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help with shell script

I have been viewing man pages and using google with little luck so far. I am writing a shell script using wbemcli. I can execute the command and get the results I need just fine. ex. wbemcli -nl ein 'http://<username>:<password>@<host>/<targetpc>/root/wmi:MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott Post
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help for TL1 scripting

HI Everyone, I have TL1 script which takes the temperature of a CISCO equipment through TELNET now i need to save the output of the command to a csv file . Like this is the output > RTRV-SHELFSTAT:AB1S2a::1; AB1S2a 2016-02-03 22:29:39 M 1 COMPLD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
2 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)							      SMPPPD							     ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)