Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with << redirect - Please help! Post 302585955 by agama on Thursday 29th of December 2011 07:09:54 PM
Old 12-29-2011
A 'here doc' needs to have an end (the "HERE" in your case). You don't have an end to your doc, so it ends up taking everything to the end of file. Something like this might work if I understand what you are trying to do.

Code:
cat <<endKat | sendmail -oi -t -f $P_FROM_ID
To: ${P_TO_ID}
Subject: ${P_SUBJECT}

$P_BODY
endKat
if [ $? -eq 1 ]
then
    echo 'ERROR while sending email.'
    exit 1
fi

I used endKat as there is very little chance that that word will appear in the document itself.
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Redirect

I'm sittig behind a firewall that doesn't allow ftp. I have a conection to a UNIX system, connecting throug SSH. Is it possible to redirect the ftp through the UNIX to my computer? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: <Therapy>
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect question

Hi, I need some help to achive the follwoing task: I have a file named test that contain the following line: 'Hellow world','good morning' I want to attach the content of this file to a variable named var , and then rediarect it to a second file bamed test_new. The result should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with redirect stdout to file

Hi all hope you can help as I am going MAD!!! :eek: The below is in a shell script but the redirection in the sed line does not work and outputs to the screen and the $fname_2 does note get created ????? Can any one help ?? #!/bin/ksh cd /app/ for fname in `ls -1 X*` do sed 1d $fname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

I am using the time command in a script however the output of the time command will display on my screen but not my output file. Any Ideas on how to fix this? > cat test.sh ############################# #!/usr/bin/sh for COMMAND in pwd do time ${COMMAND} done | sed "s/^/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH problem - how do i redirect three times?

i need to output an ls command to a file but also capture any errors from that command and output them to a log file and the screen. if it's only possible to output them to a log file and not the screen then that's fine. this is what i've tried so far, but it won't populate log.txt. i've... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect from the Root?

Hello again, What im trying to do is to redirect output from a cmd, from the root, to a file. But i guess thats illegal. I just wanted to know the file size of all files in my system. So: cd / du -k but i need to ouput this information to a 'sysfile.txt' file, or what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron redirect problem

Hello all, I have a script that I am trying to execute and redirect the output to a file, but I have trouble in redirection. The cron job is running properly as I see it in the mail. This is what I am doing In crontab file, 0 4 * * * somescript.sh > /some_location/`date '+%m%d%y_%H%M'`.log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Problem

Hi, I have perl script which is calling an external command using "system()" with argument. But i am not able to capture the output.Even tried with backtick also with no luck. . . $number=<>; system ("cmd $number >output.txt"); (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Htaccess Redirect Problem

Hi, I have this string that I need to match and redirect to an actual live url. I have tried what I know and it won't match. This is the url I want to match. http://www.abc.com/smf_test/?topic=191.0;wap2 here is my attempt at a pattern match RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/smf_test/$... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharingsunshine
0 Replies
mdu(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mdu(1)

Name
       mdu - display the amount of space occupied by an MSDOS directory

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       Mdu is used to list the space occupied by a directory, its subdirectories and its files. It is similar to the du command on Unix.  The unit
       used are clusters.  Use the minfo command to find out the cluster size.

mdu [-a] [ msdosfiles ... ]

a      All files.  List also the space occupied for individual files.

s      Only list the total space, don't give details for each subdirectory.

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This  manpage  has  been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation  in  the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.	Thus I strongly advise you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at `http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-4.0.13							      28Feb10								    mdu(1)