Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Logical Expression in an AWK statement Post 302585953 by ctsgnb on Thursday 29th of December 2011 06:54:32 PM
Old 12-29-2011
Code:
nawk '$7<95{next}
$4>=50{print $0 >"above.txt";next}
$4>40{print $0 >"between.txt";next}
$4<=40{print $0 >"below.txt";next}
' /log/per_111217.txt

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple Logical statement

hi I have following if condition line_by_line="0000000000000tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" if then echo "Exclusion criteria" else echo "Not exclusion criteria" fi above condition works perfectley but if i add one more logical condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical AND within a case statement ??

Hi there, probably a really simple question to answer but i cant seem to find it can I use a logical AND (&&) within a CASE statement ie (ps this is useless syntax but youll get the idea case "$var1","$var2" in 'Billy' && 'Bobby') ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use a mathematical expression in an awk statement

I have some geometric data (X Y) that is in the wrong scale. My raw data is in mills but it needs to be in tenths of a mil I am pretty familiar with awk and sed I want to use awk to divide $1 and $2 by .1 I'm just not sure of the syntax $1 and $2 are variables and .1 is fixed simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_sed_hello
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you use logical operators in a case statement (bash)?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. I'm working on a log monitoring script and every 10 lines I want to display a summary of events. The thing is, there are a lot of possible events, that likely won't have happened, so I only want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use logical operators in multiple if statement

Hi I want to send a status mail if daily or weekly or monthly batch completed or aborted. Here is the code. if && && || Else if && && || Else if && && || then mailx –s “Status Report” sumone@sumthing.com else print ”try again” Plz suggest the changes. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression inside case statement notworking

I have the following script: For catching errors like: But the regular expression ERROR*memory inside case doesn't seem to be working. The output of bash -x scriptname is: Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nested logical expression in bash shell

Please tell me how to nest logical expressions in bash. I would like to nest logical expressions for arguments of the "test" command on bash. The following pseudo-code shows my intention. // pseudo code if (exp1 AND (exp2 OR exp3)) { Output true; } else { Output false; } ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logical expression in POSIX compliant Korn Shell

Hi, i want to check if a variable var1 is not a or b or c pseudo code: If NOT (var1 = a or var1 = b or var1 = c) then ... fi I want to use POSIX complaint Korn shell, and for string comparison For the following code, logical.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="j" echo "Var : $var" if ! { || ||... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

incorporating a regular expression statement in a shell script (.sh)

I do have a shell file where I call many unix commands . I would like to add a regular expression step in that shell file, where a text file, say Test.txt has to be openned and all the :'s should be replaced. Basically apply the follwoing regular expression: :%s/://g to that particular text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement fails with integer expression expected

Below is what i have in my script. htcount=$(curl -s --user tomcatstatus:tomcatstatus http://`hostname`.mypc.com:887/manager/jmxproxy?qry=Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=\"http-nio-887\" |grep sBusy | cut -d ' ' -f2) echo $htcount if ; then echo "more than 10" else echo "Less than 10" fi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
Git::Repository::Log(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Git::Repository::Log(3pm)

NAME
Git::Repository::Log - Class representing git log data SYNOPSIS
# load the Log plugin use Git::Repository 'Log'; # get the log for last commit my ($log) = Git::Repository->log( '-1' ); # get the author's email print my $email = $log->author_email; DESCRIPTION
"Git::Repository::Log" is a class whose instances reprensent log items from a git log stream. CONSTRUCTOR
This method shouldn't be used directly. "Git::Repository::Log::Iterator" should be the preferred way to create "Git::Repository::Log" objects. new( @args ) Create a new "Git::Repository::Log" instance, using the list of key/values passed as parameters. The supported keys are (from the output of "git log --pretty=raw"): commit The commit id (ignore the extra information added by --decorate). tree The tree id. parent The parent list, separated by spaces. author The author information. committer The committer information. message The log message (including the 4-space indent normally output by git log). extra Any extra text that might be added by extra options passed to git log. ACCESSORS
The following accessors methods are recognized. They all return scalars, except for "parent()", which returns a list. Commit information commit tree parent Author and committer information author committer The original author/committer line author_name committer_name author_email committer_email Date information author_gmtime committer_gmtime author_localtime committer_localtime author_tz committer_tz Log information raw_message The log message with the 4-space indent output by git log. message The unindented version of the log message. subject body Extra information extra AUTHOR
Philippe Bruhat (BooK), "<book at cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Philippe Bruhat (BooK), all rights reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-28 Git::Repository::Log(3pm)