Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? I want to be a white-hat hacker! Post 302585837 by rtacconi on Thursday 29th of December 2011 10:53:21 AM
Old 12-29-2011
I have not tried this course (yet) by myself but it seems to be very practical:

Online BackTrack Security Training by Offensive Security.

Of course you need to read read and read. As web developer and sys admin I would like to learn hacking mainly to protect my server and web apps and I think it is better get some training otherwise you/I can get lost in some many topics and fields.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Certified Ethical Hacker

hello all, first of all i'm not sure this is correct place to post but i could not find a place about certificates and exams so this seemed most appropriate. i'm interested in CEH if it's any good and where to take exams, and any books you can forward me to. i do have one book but it's couple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Hacker=Knowlegde Qoute

I don't know if anyone has seen this commercial, either on TV or on the internet, but it's an IBM Linux Prodigy commercial. Linux Prodigy 4Gf6hq8J_DQ At around 33 seconds there is a quote about collecting and sharing data. A couple of friends and I watched this and decided to try to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
0 Replies
sysman_station(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 sysman_station(8)

NAME
sysman_station - Graphical interface for the SysMan Station SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysman -station [hostname] [-display display] OPTIONS
Specifies the display screen on which sysman_station displays its window. If the display option is not specified, sysman_station uses the display screen specified by your DISPLAY environment variable. The display option has the format hostname:server.number. The default is :0.0. For more information, see the X(1X) reference page. The name of the host or cluster member to connect to. If this argument is not specified, it defaults to the current system. DESCRIPTION
The SysMan Station is a client-server application consisting of a daemon (smsd(8)) and the SysMan Station graphical user interface (sys- man_station). The SysMan Station monitors and manages a single system or a TruCluster system. The SysMan Station client runs on the operating system and can also be run locally on a PC or from a web browser. See the following exam- ples. Online help is available for the SysMan Station application. To get help, click on any Help button. RESTRICTIONS
You must have root privileges to perform most tasks with this application. You can grant root privileges for specific users or groups of users using the Division of Privileges (DOP) application. See the dop(8) reference page and the on-line help in the sysman dopconfig appli- cation for additional information. EXAMPLES
To run the SysMan Station client on a system: /usr/sbin/sysman -station For details on installing and running the SysMan Station client on a PC or running directly from a web browser, go to the following loca- tion in a web browser: http://your_machine_name:2301/SYSMAN/index.html SEE ALSO
Commands: sysman(8) smsd(8) System Administration sysman_station(8)