Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Manpages link
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Manpages link Post 302585805 by Unregistered on Thursday 29th of December 2011 09:29:05 AM
Old 12-29-2011
Manpages link

This link does not connect to anything.
Unregistered

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Acessing manpages

How do I access the actual manpage document? nroff manpage.x ? DAve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nucca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to search within manpages?

well, the subject tells everything. i don't want to search for something in any manpage, but for a word in a specific manpage. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeanmartin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between hard link and soft link in unix

Hi All, Can any one please explain me what is the difference between hard link and soft link in UNIX. Thanks in advance Raja Chokalingam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJACHOKALINGAM
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

5. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

7. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

8. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)