Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying all the lines starting with some keyword Post 302585714 by balajesuri on Thursday 29th of December 2011 06:04:55 AM
Old 12-29-2011
Code:
grep "^ *ALTER TABLE" inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

display (ehco) 5 lines before and after find keyword

I like to display 5 lines before and after find some keywork (i.e. error). Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangzosen
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut lines before keyword

Hi, How to cut all lines in file before keyword? from 1 2333214 word ...... some text 2 234343 234234 word ...... some text 3 234324 324 3234 word ...... some text to 1 2333214 2 234343 234234 3 234324 324 3234 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete a keyword starting with x in unix

I am trying to delete key word starting with x in a unix text file. example, I am trying to delete the words like xaa,xabxbb,xbd and so on.... my input file is some thing like this xaaa w 1234 5678 rwsd ravi xw123 xbc3 ohrd want to delete words xaaa,xw123 and xbc3 from the above... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines after the last instance of the keyword

I have my input sometyhing like this aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar rrrrrrr mmmmmmm I want the output as follows. aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines before the first instance of the keyword

I have my data something like this. I want to delete all the lines before the frist instance of the key word 'ravi kumar' aaa bbbbbb cccccc ddddd eeeee 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa vvvvvvv 5678 ravi kumar rrrrrrr mmmmmmm I want the output as follows. 1234 ravi kumar aaaaaa... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines between lines starting with a specific pattern

Hi, I have a file such as: --- >contig00001 length=35524 numreads=2944 gACGCCGCGCGCCGCGGCCAGGGCTGGCCCA CAGGCCGCGCGGCGTCGGCTGGCTGAG >contig00002 length=4242 numreads=43423 ATGCCGAAGGTCCGCCTGGGGCTGG CGCCGGGAGCATGTAGCG --- I would like to concatenate the lines not starting with ">"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Lines Containg a Keyword

Hi , I have two files, say KEY_FILE and the MAIN_FILE. I am trying to read the KEY_FILE which has only one column and look for this column data in the MAIN_FILE to extract all the rows that have this key. I have written a script to do so, but somehow it is not returning all the rows ( It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract lines from text after keyword

I have a text and I want to extract the 4 lines following a keyword! For example if I have this text and the keyword is AAA hello helloo AAA one two three four helloooo hellooo I want the output to be one two three four (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stekanius
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk join lines based on keyword

Hello , I will need your help once again. I have the following file: cat file02.txt PATTERN XXX.YYY.ZZZ. 500 ROW01 aaa. 300 XS 14 ROW 45 29 AS XD.FD. PATTERN 500 ZZYN002 ROW gdf gsste ALT 267 fhhfe.ddgdg. PATTERN ERE.MAY. 280 PATTERRNTH 5000 rt.rt. ROW SO a 678 PATTERN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)