Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl extraction of code between comments /* .. */ Post 302585236 by Klashxx on Wednesday 28th of December 2011 02:28:46 AM
Old 12-28-2011
If you wanna go with perl:
Code:
perl -lne 'print if (/\/\*/ .. /\*\//)' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize/speed-up perl extraction

Hi, Is there a way I can extract my data faster. You know my data is 1.2 GB text file with 8Million rows with 38 columns/fields. Imagine how huge this is. How I can optimized the data extraction using perl. That is why I'm creating a script to filter only those informations that I need. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

metapattern extraction in PERL

Hi, I want to extract some part of a pattern that matches my requirement in a string with PERL. A case in point is a string like: $eqtst="abh nmae res = 10 s abh nmae req = 10 s"; from which I want the words preceding the "=" symbol. Previously I was assured that there would be only 2 such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction in Perl

I have a string stored in a variable. For instance, $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_xxx " where xxx changes dynamically and can be either LOGIN or SEARCH..... depends on runtime. For example : $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_SEARCH " $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_LOGIN " I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function extraction

The log file reads as follows. D function_add() ADD input data 1021214 0 VAR1 STR 10 0 VAR2 STR 20 0 VAR3 STR 1 SUM=VAR1+VAR2 D function_add() ADD output data 1021267 0 DISPLAY SUM D function_sub() SUB input data 1021214 0 VAR1 STR 10 0 VAR2 STR 20 0 VAR3 STR 1 sub=VAR1-VAR2 D... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function extraction in PERL

the log contains mathematical operation as follows fm_void_mathematics : PCM_OP_MATHS input function PIN_FLD_NUM1 INT 1 PIN_FLD_NUM2 INT 2 PIN_FLD_RESULTS int PIN_FLD_OUT INT * D Wed Sep 16 05:40:22 2009 solaris_testing fm_void_add : PIN_FLD_SUM int 3 D Wed Sep 16 05:40:22 2009... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction in perl variable

HI, i have variable in perl like below $tmp="/home/sai/automation/work/TFP_GN.txt" it can conatain any path its filled from config file. now i want extarct the path upto this /home/sai/automation/work/ and put it in another variable say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction problem in perl

Hello, I want to extract the words from a file which starts with SRD-R or SRD-DR. I have written a script which is able to trace the word but it is printing the whole line. sub extract_SRD_tag{ my ($tag, $app, $path, @data, $word ); $path = shift; $app = shift; open (FILE, $path) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for guidance (comments) on a piece of code

Hello -- I am trying to learn to do a little sed and awk scripting to search for text and numbers in text files (text processing/manipulation). My professor gave me a piece of uncommented code and I am very unfamiliar w/ the language. Can someone help me with comments so I can understand what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithan05
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl-extraction using windows cmd

Hi, I need to extract Password expires from the output of windows command print `net user %USERNAME% /domain`; in perl. So i want to redirect the output of this win-cmd to a file and try extracting Password expires along with its value. i'm trying with this code but getting errors. #!usr/bin/perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
1 Replies
POD2HTML(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       POD2HTML(1)

NAME
pod2html - convert .pod files to .html files SYNOPSIS
pod2html --help --htmlroot=<name> --infile=<name> --outfile=<name> --podpath=<name>:...:<name> --podroot=<name> --recurse --norecurse --verbose --index --noindex --title=<name> DESCRIPTION
Converts files from pod format (see perlpod) to HTML format. ARGUMENTS
pod2html takes the following arguments: help --help Displays the usage message. htmlroot --htmlroot=name Sets the base URL for the HTML files. When cross-references are made, the HTML root is prepended to the URL. infile --infile=name Specify the pod file to convert. Input is taken from STDIN if no infile is specified. outfile --outfile=name Specify the HTML file to create. Output goes to STDOUT if no outfile is specified. podroot --podroot=name Specify the base directory for finding library pods. podpath --podpath=name:...:name Specify which subdirectories of the podroot contain pod files whose HTML converted forms can be linked-to in cross-references. index --index Generate an index at the top of the HTML file (default behaviour). noindex --noindex Do not generate an index at the top of the HTML file. recurse --recurse Recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath (default behaviour). norecurse --norecurse Do not recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath. title --title=title Specify the title of the resulting HTML file. verbose --verbose Display progress messages. AUTHOR
Tom Christiansen, <tchrist@perl.com>. BUGS
See Pod::Html for a list of known bugs in the translator. SEE ALSO
perlpod, Pod::Html COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the Artistic License. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 POD2HTML(1)