Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help..Urgent plz
Operating Systems AIX Need help..Urgent plz Post 302585174 by adminaix55 on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 09:18:38 PM
Old 12-27-2011
Question Need help..Urgent plz

Hi All,

For listing large files i am using the following command

Code:
find /XYZ/ -xdev -size +100000 |xargs ls -l |sort -nr -k 5

..And my question is i am getting more number of files with this, so not able to copy those, how can I get those all in page by page , so that I can able to copy those list..
And I am using this in a root.
Need it urgent, Please help on this ASAP.

Thanks in advance Smilie

Last edited by methyl; 12-28-2011 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent plz

guys i have sun solaries 8 under intel .. i added a new D-LINK ethernet and i need to see if the computer define it or not .. so i need to make reconfiguraion .. what was the command ... for reconfiguration ??? thanks alot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command - Urgent Plz.

Hi, In my current directory, i have the following files: x1.dat x2.dat.gz x3.dat I want to use the find command and display only files which has *.dat and NOT *.gz extension files. Please help me out. Thanks, Kris Kart. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kris_Kart_101
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz solve this one : URGENT

Hi! How to use awk command and set command in a shell script? Suppose I have to fetch data from a file and change one data with another one.Say data is ABCD.Now I have to change C with X .How do I solve this one? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyita bagchi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in writing awk script, plz urgent

I have a file like this I have to I have input file this , I want to give the out put in the below input file (NARAYANA 1 ENDING AT (100, 16383) ,NARAYANA 2 ENDING AT (100, 32766) ,NARAYANA 3 ENDING AT (100, 49149) ,NARAYANA 4 ENDING AT (100, 65535) ,NARAYANA 5... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAKSHMI NARAYAN
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz help me urgent....

i want shell script program for counting the no of times the given input word is occured in the given input file.i am unable to do this .i got some of output with awk but i need it completely with shell script program i am waiting for the solution (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_1209
4 Replies

7. Programming

plz help me to solve this socekt progm..urgent...

MY client and server need to achieve the following requirements: 1.1. program for client needs to take two arguments that specify the name of server and the port that it is trying to connect to. Your program for server needs to take an argument that specifies the port that it is listening to. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saiful_911
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in shell script while returning values-- urgent issue plz help.

Hi, I have initailized a varaible EBID as typeset Long EBID=0 i am calculating value of EBID using certian formula as below: (( CURR_EBID= ($BANDINDEX << 27) | ($CURR_FREQ << 16) | ($CURR_CELLID << 4) | $CURR_SECTOR_VALUE )) return $CURR_EBID The output is as below: + (( CURR_EBID=... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasanur
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
FIND(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FIND(1)

NAME
find - find files meeting a given condition SYNOPSIS
find directory expression EXAMPLES
find / -name a.out -print # Print all a.out paths find /usr/ast ! -newer f -ok rm {} ; # Ask before removing find /usr -size +20 -exec mv {} /big ; # move files > 20 blks find / -name a.out -o -name '*.o' -exec rm {}; # 2 conds DESCRIPTION
Find descends the file tree starting at the given directory checking each file in that directory and its subdirectories against a predi- cate. If the predicate is true, an action is taken. The predicates may be connected by -a (Boolean and), -o (Boolean or) and ! (Boolean negation). Each predicate is true under the conditions specified below. The integer n may also be +n to mean any value greater than n, -n to mean any value less than n, or just n for exactly n. -name s true if current filename is s (include shell wild cards) -size n true if file size is n blocks -inum n true if the current file's i-node number is n -mtime ntrue if modification time relative to today (in days) is n -links ntrue if the number of links to the file is n -newer ftrue if the file is newer than f -perm n true if the file's permission bits = n (n is in octal) -user u true if the uid = u (a numerical value, not a login name) -group gtrue if the gid = g (a numerical value, not a group name) -type x where x is bcdfug (block, char, dir, regular file, setuid, setgid) -xdev do not cross devices to search mounted file systems Following the expression can be one of the following, telling what to do when a file is found: -print print the file name on standard output -exec execute a MINIX command, {} stands for the file name -ok prompts before executing the command SEE ALSO
test(1), xargs(1). FIND(1)