Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Missing man pages on SunOS Rel.5.10 Post 302585143 by jlliagre on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 04:02:01 PM
Old 12-27-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudocoder
Unfortunately there seem to be no man pages, although I installed the End-User software package.
That's precisely the reason why you are missing the SUNWman package. The SUNWCuser package cluster doesn't contain it. It is only included in the SUNWCprog (Developer) and higher clusters.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages for while, for loops..

Hi, How can I see the man pages for while, for, if and other shell script control structures.. I can't say just "man while" at least on hp unix... Do I need to use any special option? Thank you! Vishnu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Extended man pages

Hi, Any chance we could have an input pane in the forums that targets a man page and whose content is output to the bottom of the man page in this way forming extended man pages with additional know how? Thanks, Steve (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaesani
9 Replies

7. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Man pages for Pthreads

"how to see the man pages related to pthreads". while executing the command man pthread_t . im getting the following error!!!!! No manual entry for pthread. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthukumar U
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Listing certain man pages

How would I go about making a list of all man pages beginning with the letter "a"? I have tried: man a* man * man man {a}* man {a*} man "a*" man 'a'* man 'a*' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
5 Replies
PKG_SUMMARY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    PKG_SUMMARY(5)

NAME
pkg_summary -- summary of binary package repository DESCRIPTION
The file pkg_summary contains information about each package in a binary package repository as a list of variable-value pairs. The variables describing different packages are separated by one empty line. Each line has the format VARIABLE=VALUE. If the value consists of more than one line, each line is prefixed with VARIABLE=. Multi-line variables are guaranteed to be in consecutive lines. The following variables are used: BUILD_DATE (required) The date and time when the package was built. CATEGORIES (required) A list of categories which this package fits in, separated by space. COMMENT (required) A one-line description of the package. CONFLICTS (optional) A list of dewey patterns of packages the package conflicts with, one per line. If missing, this package has no conflicts. DEPENDS (optional) A list of dewey patterns of packages the package depends on, one per line. If missing, this package has no dependencies. DESCRIPTION (required) A more detailed description of the package. FILE_CKSUM (optional) A checksum type supported by digest(1) and checksum separated by space character. FILE_NAME (optional) The name of the binary package file. If not given, PKGNAME.tgz can be assumed. FILE_SIZE (optional) The size of the binary package file, in bytes. HOMEPAGE (optional) A URL where more information about the package can be found. LICENSE (optional) The type of license this package is distributed under. If empty or missing, it is OSI-approved. MACHINE_ARCH (required) The architecture on which the package was compiled. OPSYS (required) The operating system on which the package was compiled. OS_VERSION (required) The version of the operating system on which the package was compiled. PKG_OPTIONS (optional) Any options selected to compile this package. If missing, the package does not support options. PKGNAME (required) The name of the package. PKGPATH (required) The path of the package directory within pkgsrc. PKGTOOLS_VERSION (required) The version of the package tools used to create the package. PREV_PKGPATH (optional) The previous path of the package directory within pkgsrc when a package was moved. (See SUPERSEDES below for a renamed package.) PROVIDES (optional) A list of shared libraries provided by the package, including major version number, one per line. If missing, this pack- age does not provide shared libraries. REQUIRES (optional) A list of shared libraries needed by the package, including major version number, one per line. If missing, this package does not require shared libraries. SIZE_PKG (required) The size of the package when installed, in bytes. SUPERSEDES (optional) A list of dewey patterns of previous packages this package replaces, one per line. This is used for package renaming. The pkg_summary file can be generated using the pkg_info(1) -X option. For example, the following will list this data for all installed packages: pkg_info -X -a SEE ALSO
digest(1), pkg_info(1) HISTORY
The pkg_summary format was first officially documented in April 2006. BSD
April 11, 2009 BSD