Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQLPLUS not found
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SQLPLUS not found Post 302585134 by Vijay81 on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 03:09:51 PM
Old 12-27-2011
I get the same error for oraenv. and then I did used the commands you gave.. for the second command- the error message is the below.

Code:
. oraenv DB_NAME
-ksh: .: oraenv: cannot open [No such file or directory]

can you please check this?

it is a space dot oraenv space DB_NAME, is this correct?

Last edited by radoulov; 12-27-2011 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus

I am looking to loop round a load of files and execute each in sqlplus, I have looked at the forum to see what was posted in the past, but most of the examples seem to use the sql being passed in through the script, which is not really what I am looking for, can someone tell me if the code below is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

sqlplus: command not found

hi, i need bash shell script run on the crontab(Unix tru64). i have write my shell. it's using sqlplus command and connect to oracle db. execute cron job when i have error messege: "sqlplus: command not found" have you any suggestion? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus : not found

Hi, Below is my script: #!/bin/sh sqlplus uname/pwd@instance <<EOF set wrap off set feedback off set pagesize 0 set verify off set trimspool on set linesize 5000 spool /arboru02/FX/scripts/customer_profile_def.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus: not found

Hi All , At the end I have to post my problem thinking I'll be able to get a clue. I have done a shell script to access a table in our database to extract some logs . Script is working when executed manually ,but when I set it up in cronjob it is not working. I know thins should be a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinzy
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

sqlplus: command not found

I installed Oracle 10.2.1.0 in Ubuntu 10.10..my installation was well,i could even open isqlplus( http://ubuntu.ubuntu-domain:5560/isqlplus/workspace.uix ) and execute some queries..But,back in terminal when i try to login to sqlplus i am getting error (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy0594
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus Help

When i run the following script am getiing the output correct but i want to get it in the form of a table, could any one help me please. the script is a s follows count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_ACCOUNT << EOF set heading off set wrap on set feedback off column ChangeNumber format a12 column... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Functions - functions to simplify the creation of Nagios plugins SYNOPSIS
# Constants OK, WARNING, CRITICAL, and UNKNOWN exported by default use Nagios::Plugin::Functions; # nagios_exit( CODE, $message ) - exit with error code CODE, # and message "PLUGIN CODE - $message" nagios_exit( CRITICAL, $critical_error ) if $critical_error; nagios_exit( WARNING, $warning_error ) if $warning_error; nagios_exit( OK, $result ); # nagios_die( $message, [$CODE] ) - just like nagios_exit(), # but CODE is optional, defaulting to UNKNOWN do_something() or nagios_die("do_something() failed horribly"); do_something_critical() or nagios_die("do_something_critical() failed", CRITICAL); # check_messages - check a set of message arrays, returning a # CODE and/or a result message $code = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); ($code, $message) = check_messages( critical => @crit, warning => @warn, ok => @ok ); # get_shortname - return the default short name for this plugin # (as used by nagios_exit/die; not exported by default) $shortname = get_shortname(); DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Nagios::Plugin family, a set of modules for simplifying the creation of Nagios plugins. This module exports convenience functions for the class methods provided by Nagios::Plugin. It is intended for those who prefer a simpler functional interface, and who do not need the additional functionality of Nagios::Plugin. EXPORTS Nagios status code constants are exported by default: OK WARNING CRITICAL UNKNOWN DEPENDENT as are the following functions: nagios_exit nagios_die check_messages The following variables and functions are exported only on request: %ERRORS %STATUS_TEXT get_shortname max_state max_state_alt FUNCTIONS The following functions are supported: nagios_exit( <CODE>, $message ) Exit with return code CODE, and a standard nagios message of the form "PLUGIN CODE - $message". nagios_die( $message, [CODE] ) Same as nagios_exit(), except that CODE is optional, defaulting to UNKNOWN. NOTE: exceptions are not raised by default to calling code. Set $_use_die flag if this functionality is required (see test code). check_messages( critical => @crit, warning => @warn ) Convenience function to check a set of message arrays and return an appropriate nagios return code and/or a result message. Returns only a return code in scalar context; returns a return code and an error message in list context i.e. # Scalar context $code = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); # List context ($code, $msg) = check_messages(critical => @crit, warning => @warn); check_messages() accepts the following named arguments: critical => ARRAYREF An arrayref of critical error messages - check_messages() returns CRITICAL if this arrayref is non-empty. Mandatory. warning => ARRAYREF An arrayref of warning error messages - check_messages() returns WARNING if this arrayref is non-empty ('critical' is checked first). Mandatory. ok => ARRAYREF | SCALAR An arrayref of informational messages (or a single scalar message), used in list context if both the 'critical' and 'warning' arrayrefs are empty. Optional. join => SCALAR A string used to join the relevant array to generate the message string returned in list context i.e. if the 'critical' array @crit is non-empty, check_messages would return: join( $join, @crit ) as the result message. Optional; default: ' ' (space). join_all => SCALAR By default, only one set of messages are joined and returned in the result message i.e. if the result is CRITICAL, only the 'critical' messages are included in the result; if WARNING, only the 'warning' messages are included; if OK, the 'ok' messages are included (if supplied) i.e. the default is to return an 'errors-only' type message. If join_all is supplied, however, it will be used as a string to join the resultant critical, warning, and ok messages together i.e. all messages are joined and returned. get_shortname Return the default shortname used for this plugin i.e. the first token reported by nagios_exit/nagios_die. The default is basically uc basename( $ENV{NAGIOS_PLUGIN} || $0 ) with any leading 'CHECK_' and trailing file suffixes removed. get_shortname is not exported by default, so must be explicitly imported. max_state(@a) Returns the worst state in the array. Order is: CRITICAL, WARNING, OK, UNKNOWN, DEPENDENT The typical usage of max_state is to initialise the state as UNKNOWN and use it on the result of various test. If no test were performed successfully the state will still be UNKNOWN. max_state_alt(@a) Returns the worst state in the array. Order is: CRITICAL, WARNING, UNKNOWN, DEPENDENT, OK This is a true definition of a max state (OK last) and should be used if the internal tests performed can return UNKNOWN. SEE ALSO
Nagios::Plugin; the nagios plugin developer guidelines at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html. AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-23 Nagios::Plugin::Functions(3pm)