Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use select into command in shell script? Post 302584142 by methyl on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 09:29:14 AM
Old 12-22-2011
Quote:
EOF`
Need to be two lines so that "EOF" is the only contents of the line.
Code:
EOF
`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress ' quotes in a select statement inside Shell Script

Hi I have a shell script in which a string variable is saving following query. SqlQuery="select a||'|'||b||'|'||c from dual" I am trying to pass above query as a parameter to some script but its giving me error for "single quote". I tried suppressing it using \' instead of just ' but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql select command output formatting in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to the database and retrieve two variables from the database and store them in a variable,out of these two variables I need to get lastdigit appended to the variable 1 retrieved and variable 2 with out any modification in short select var,data from usage; o/p=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Variable from shell script to select query for SqlPlus?

echo "set echo off"; echo "set feedback off"; echo "set linesize 4000"; echo " set pagesize 0"; echo " set sqlprompt ''"; echo " set trimspool on"; Select statement is mentioned below echo "select res.ti_book_no from disney_ticket_history res where res.ti_status =${STATUS} and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
7 Replies

7. Linux

How to execute a simple select script using a shell script?

Hi team, I have two select statements and need to run them using SYSDBA user select * from temp_temp_seg_usage; select segment_name, tablespace_name, bytes/ (1024*1024) UsedMb from dba_segments where segment_name='TEMP_TEMP_SEG_USAGE'; Need to run this using a shell script say named... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamsy78
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select command going to infinite loop after running the script

cd /opt/et/WAS/apps/8.0 find . -name "HostIntegration.properties" -o -name "HostSocket.properties" -o -name "environment.properties" 2> /dev/null | awk -F '' '{print $4}'|awk '!x++' | cat>/home/cbadmin/file1.txt cd /home/cbadmin/ PS3='Please enter a number from list of applications==>:' select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the shell script to select pattern

Hello, I have script which work 70% of the desired task , the output from script.sh is following , however the desired output I require is following . Any piece of suggestion would be great.. thanks in advance, emily #!/bin/bash ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies
getfsent(3X)															      getfsent(3X)

NAME
getfsent(), getfsspec(), getfsfile(), getfstype(), setfsent(), endfsent() - get file system descriptor file entry SYNOPSIS
Remarks: These routines are included only for compatibility with 4.2 BSD. For maximum portability and improved functionality, new applications should use the getmntent(3X) library routines. DESCRIPTION
and each returns a pointer to an object with the following structure containing the broken-out fields of a line in the file. The structure is declared in the header file: The fields have meanings described in fstab(4). If the block special file name, the file system directory name, and the type are not all defined on the associated line in these routines return pointers to NULL in the and fields. If the pass number or the backup frequency field are not present on the line, these routines return -1 in the corresponding structure member. is reserved for future use. Reads the next line of the file, opening the file if necessary. Opens and rewinds the file. Closes the file. Sequentially searches from beginning of file until a matching special file name is found, or until EOF is encountered. Sequentially searches from the beginning of the file until a matching file system file name is found, or until EOF is encountered. Sequentially searches from the beginning of the file until a matching file system type field is found, or until EOF is encountered. DIAGNOSTICS
A null pointer is returned on EOF, invalid entry, or error. WARNINGS
Since all information is contained in a static area, it must be copied to be saved. Obsolescent Interfaces and are to be obsoleted at a future date. AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
fstab(4). TO BE OBSOLETED getfsent(3X)