Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find query Post 302584090 by Franklin52 on Thursday 22nd of December 2011 06:15:07 AM
Old 12-22-2011
To get the name of the directory you can do something like:
Code:
file=$(find . -name <filename>)
dir=${file%/*}

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -perm query

I was going through a find tutorial and just couldn't get it...can someone explain it like he/she would explain a brain damaged dodo? "find allows you to specify a pattern that can be bit-wise ANDed with the permissions of the file. Simply put a minus sign before the octal value. The group write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: napolayan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query about find and -exec

Hi, i have query about "find" command. Do I need to put the command after -exec in single quotes? Why? For ex. see output of these three find commands. Any explanations? cheers, -Ashish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find -mtime query

Hello everyone, I have got two queries: 1) I want to do some work on files that were last modified yesterday. Will find ... -mtime -2 be correct or -mtime-1? 2)What about finding files that were modified today? Will it be -mtime -0 or -mtime -1? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find whether update query is successfull or not using Ksh Script

i have a script that performes an update operation. I just wanted to know whether that update statement is successfull or not. Below the script: #!/bin/ksh . $HOME/conf/systemProperties/EnvSetup.properties sqlplus -silent sie/da@edn.world <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tables to query to find users for database from shell script

I am coding shell script. I need to connect to different databases like DB2, Oracle and Sybase. I would then need to query tables where it has all the groups, users for that database. I would also need who has what kind of permissions. EG: I know for DB2 some TABAUTH table needs to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace query

Hello ppl, I am writing a script which finds multiple words match and replace it with new words. I have server.conf file which looks like ### Welcome to server ### ### Server address and port ### Server=127.0.0.1 ### Replace Server=0.0.0.0 ### ServerPort=0 ### Replace... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lightdensity
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regexp to find an ipaddress from a query string?

I need help with a regexp to find out the ip address which can possibly be present in a URL. The URLs can be in any of the following form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1 <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4d=somestring2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file between timestamps Query

On my linux box, I have a file say dump.txt. I then need to move to another seperte folder and need to find only one file with extension *.tar that has the closest timestamp after / next to the timestamp of the dump.txt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)