Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZFS mirroring
Operating Systems Solaris ZFS mirroring Post 302583923 by bitlord on Wednesday 21st of December 2011 03:56:50 PM
Old 12-21-2011
I will make sure I do that

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mirroring

I am running Solaris 10 and i need to mirror a 73 gig HD. How do you mirror one in Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
2 Replies

2. SCO

Mirroring

How Can I Do Mirroring In Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIMITRIOSDOUMOS
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mirroring Hardisk

How make mirror hardisk safe and not have trouble when we chance new hardisk in system live in sun solaris 8 server. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: athurbayunata
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mirroring a user?

I'm looking for a way to mirror one user to another. For example: If I have the user ABC and I want to mirror his: -Primary group -Any other groups ABC belongs to -UID -Home directory And create an exact copy over to another server to a user called XYZ. I already have SSH keys set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syndex
1 Replies

5. Solaris

disk mirroring

hi every body I'm new to solaris and I need your help in how to configure disk mirroring for 4 hard disks so that two of them will be replica to the other two ...??? Thanxx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Mirroring

Hi All i wish to mirror the root disk, but i face the below error. root@saturn # metainit d11 1 1 c0t0d0s0 metainit: saturn: c0t0d0s0: is mounted on / kindly assist... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
27 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with HDD Mirroring

Hi All Please can I have some help/advice. I am fairly new to unix so any help will be useful. I need to perform HDD Mirroring on a Sun Fire V245 Server running Solaris 10 OS. The system is already up and running and has the partitions and slices already. Is it possible to perform the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pluto.flame
6 Replies

9. AIX

Use of mirroring concept....

hi.... Friends... Why using mirroring ? what is the use of mirroring? just any one tell about clearly.... thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan841
4 Replies
make.coverpg(1) 					       mgetty+sendfax manual						   make.coverpg(1)

NAME
make.coverpg - create a fax coverpg on stdout SYNOPSIS
make.coverpg [options] <pages> <sender-ID> <sender-NAME> <receiver-ID> <receiver-NAME> <date> <time> DESCRIPTION
make.coverpg is called from faxspool(1) to generate a cover page for the just-processed fax. It has to create a proper G3 file (e.g. via pbm2g3(1) or hp2hig3(1) or ghostscript(1)) and output that on stdout. If the program doesn't exist, or can't be executed, the fax simply won't get a coverpage (so, if you don't want a fax coverpage, do not install it...) make.coverpg can put anything it wants on the page, but note that there are certain legal requirements in certain countries about the con- tents that *have* to be on the cover page, for example, the fax phone number of the sender and the recepient, the number of pages, or simi- lar things. make.coverpg gets the informations about the fax to be sent from the command line, in the order listed above. If the environment variable normal_res is set to something non-empty, faxspool requests that make.coverpg creates a cover page in normal resolution (98 lpi). Default is fine resolution (196 lpi). NO make.coverpg program is installed by default, since everyones needs differ too wildly. Some sample coverpage programs are provided in the mgetty source tree, in the samples/ subdirectory (coverpg.pbm shows how to do it with "pbmtext|pbm2g3", coverpg.ps shows how I do it with ghostscript). In this directory, you can also find two shell scripts (fax and faxmemo) that will take advantage of one more esoteric feature of my cover- page programs: if called with the option "-m <memo-file>", the sample programs will put a text file "<memo-file>" on the cover page (used for short notes or such). To make use of it, faxspool is called with the option '-C "make.coverpg -m <memo-file>"' (the double quotes are needed!). OPTIONS
none Example A five-page fax sent from me to my second number could result in a call like this: make.coverpg 5 "+49-89-3243328" "Gert Doering" "3244814" "myself" "Sep 15 94" "22:10:00" FILES
/usr/lib/mgetty-fax/make.coverpg the program itself SEE ALSO
faxspool(1), pbm2g3(1), ghostscript(1) AUTHORS
The idea behind make.coverpg is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>, the implementation will most likely have yours... greenie 27 Oct 93 make.coverpg(1)