Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding multiply directories
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding multiply directories Post 302583428 by vbe on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 11:21:48 AM
Old 12-20-2011
What does not work in your command? To me it works unless you are unhappy with the output which is something different...
Code:
$ find / -type d -name *2011 > example
find: 0652-023 Cannot open file /proc/36882.
$ more example
/var/errpt/n12/2011
/prd/data/mnt2/rdh/juin2011
/prd/data/mnt2/rdh/mars2011
/prd/data/mnt2/rdh/sep2011
example: END

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding directories in UNIX

I am accessing a UNIX server via FTP. I want to retieve a file in a directory. What is the UNIX command that I need to view and retrieve files from a directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodaddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding executable files in all directories

This is probably very easy but I would like to know a way to list all my files in all my directories that are readable and executable to everyone. I was told to use find or ls and I tried some stuff but couldnt get it to work. I understand that its dangerous to have files with these permissions for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expression for Finding Multiple Directories..??

I am writing a shell script to search for previous versions of an application...the application is called TAU and basically i want to search the users home directory and /Applications for any instances of a "TAU" folder.. If found i want to give the user the option to remove the old folders and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding correct directories

I have directories like V00R01,V00R02,V01R01,V01R02 in a directory where V is version and R is a release. basically I need to set base directory and current directory. Under a version there can be any number of releases and there can be number of versions also. V00R01...V00R50..so on also,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories older than 5 days

Hello, Motive: Search all directories which are older than 5 days. Example: consider following directory structure: abc/dir1 abc/dir1/dir abc/dir2 abc/dir3 abc/dir3/temp Suppose dir1 and dir3 are 5 days older. Then I am looking for a command which lists abc/dir1 and abic/dir3 only so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytempid07
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding size of all directories

Alright so I've tried a couple different things that at first glance, looked like they worked. find . -maxdepth 5 -type d -daystart -mtime 1 | xargs du -h Which seems to ignore the previous commands such as depth and modified time. find .. -maxdepth 2 -type d -daystart -ctime 1 | xargs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories with expression

Hi All, I need your help in finding pattern of directories. need to search for all pattern have "mypatern" from base directory folder. example ------- server1 - base directory 100 server1/ab_123456_1/mypattern 100 server1/ab_123456_2/mypattern 200 server1/ab_123457_1/mypattern... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files deep in directories

i need to find a portable way to go through multiple directories to find a file. I've trid something like this: find /opt/oracle/diag/*/alert_HH2.log -printordinarily, i can run the ls command and it will find it: /opt/oracle/diag/*/*/*/*/alert_HH2.log The problem with this approach is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
getprdfent(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     getprdfent(3)

NAME
getprdfent(), getprdfnam(), setprdfent(), endprdfent(), putprdfnam() - manipulate system default database entry for a trusted system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and each returns a pointer to an object with the following structure containing the broken-out fields of a line in the system default data- base. Each line in the database contains a pr_default structure, declared in the header file: struct system_default_fields { time_t fd_inactivity_timeout ; char fd_boot_authenticate ; } ; struct system_default_flags { unsigned short fg_inactivity_timeout:1, fg_boot_authenticate:1, } ; struct pr_default { char dd_name[20] ; char dg_name ; struct pr_field prd ; struct pr_flag prg ; struct t_field tcd ; struct t_flag tcg ; struct dev_field devd ; struct dev_flag devg ; struct system_default_fields sfld ; struct system_default_flags sflg ; } ; Currently there is only one entry in the system default database referenced by name The System Default database contains default values for all parameters in the Protected Password, Terminal Control, and Device Assignment databases, as well as configurable system-wide parameters. The fields from the other databases are described in the corresponding manual entries. fd_inactivity_timeout is the number of seconds until a session is terminated on trusted systems. fd_boot_authenticate is a Boolean flag that indicates whether an authorized user must authenticate before the system begins operation. returns a pointer to the first pr_default structure in the database when first called. Thereafter, it returns a pointer to the next pr_default structure in the database so that successive calls can be used to search the database (only one entry is supported). searches from the beginning of the file until a default entry matching name is found, and returns a pointer to the particular structure in which it was found. If an end-of-file or an error is encountered on reading, these functions return a NULL pointer. Currently, all pro- grams access the default database by calling (the entry name is A call to has the effect of rewinding the default control file to allow repeated searches. can be called to close the database when pro- cessing is complete. puts a new or replaced default control entry pr with key name into the database. If the prg.fd_name field is 0, the requested entry is deleted from the system default database. locks the database for all update operations and performs an after the update or failed attempt. Notes The value returned by and refers to a structure that is overwritten by calls to these routines. To retrieve an entry, modify it, and replace it in the database, copy the entry using structure assignment and supply the modified buffer to Programs using these routines must be compiled with APPLICATION USAGE
In a multithreaded application, these routines are safe to be called only from one dedicated thread. These routines are not POSIX.1c async-cancel safe nor async-signal safe. RETURN VALUE
and return NULL pointers on or error. returns 0 if it cannot add or update the entry. WARNINGS
Do not delete the system default entry. HP-UX 11i Version 3 is the last release to support trusted systems functionality. FILES
System Defaults database SEE ALSO
authcap(4), default(4), getprpwent(3), getprtcent(3), getdvagent(3). TO BE OBSOLETED getprdfent(3)