Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing a variable column using awk Post 302583359 by CarloM on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 08:53:17 AM
Old 12-20-2011
Try
Code:
file_name=`awk -F, -vextract=$file_count -vcomp=$component '$1 ~ comp { print $extract }' list.txt`

This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk not printing the last combined column

nawk -F "|" 'FNR==NR {a=$2 OFS $3 OFS $4 OFS $5 OFS $6;next}\ {if ($5 in a)print $1,"test",$5,a, $2,$3,$4 OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS $2-$3-$4 ; \ else print $1,"Database",$5 OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS $2,$3,$4 OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS OFS $2-$3-$4 }' OFS="|" \ file1 file2 > file3 This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 1st column to lower case using awk

I want to print the 1st field in a comma seperated file to lower case and the rest the case they are. I tried this nawk -F"," '{print tolower($0)}' OFS="," file this converts whole line in to lower case i just want the first column to be converted. The below doesnt work because in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Issues - Not printing the 10th Variable.

All, I am attempting to print the tenth ($COPY2) varaibales into one file. But i am finding that all variables are being outputted except for $10. Can someone help!!!! Code Below ---------- echo $SERVER $IMAGE $IMAGEDAY $IMAGEMONTH $IMAGEYEAR $COPY1 $EXPIREDAY $EXPIREMONTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junes
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

problem with printing out variable in awk

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: couldn't print out stored variable in awk 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: i have in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing another column using awk and input data

Hi, I have data of the following type, chr1 234 678 39 852 638 abcd 7895 chr1 526 326 33 887 965 kilj 5849 Now, I would like to have something like this chr1 234 678 39 852 638 abcd 7895 <a href="http://unix.com/thread=chr1:234-678">Link</a> chr1 526 326 33 887 965 kilj 5849 <a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: printing newline with last column

I was trying to simplify this from what I'm actually doing, but I started getting even more confused so I gave up. Here is the content of my input file: Academic year,Term,Course name,Period,Last name,Nickname 2012-2013,First Semester,English 12,7th Period,Davis,Lucille When I do this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column printing in awk

Experts, i have a following file containing data in following manner. 1 2480434.4 885618.6 0.00 1948.00 40.00 1952.00 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.saini333
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] printing value of a variable assignment from a file

Heyas Me try to print only the value of a (specific) variable assignment from a file. What i get (1): :) tui $ bin/tui-conf-get ~/.tui_rc TUI_THEME dot-blue "" "$TUI_DIR_INSTALL_ROOT/usr" "$TUI_DIR_INSTALL_ROOT/etc/tui" "$TUI_PREFIX/share/doc/tui" "$TUI_PREFIX/share/tui"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: printing column using for loop

Hello: I've input data: Input data --- 3:60069:C:T 60069 C T 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 --- 3:60079:A:G 60079 A G 1 0 0 0.988 0.012 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 --- rs186476240:60157:G:A 60157 G A 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 I edit/make first few columns before numbers (6th column) and want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk code to inspect variable before printing

i have a unique scenario id like help with. im currently running this command and it does what i want: printf '%s\n' "${RawContent}" | awk '/## Beginning Stages ##/,/## Ending Stages ##/' | awk '!/^#.*\!|^#\!|DefaultError/' Can this be shortened? I'm looking for something portable as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies
wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)			    Product Install Registry Library Functions			    wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_add_display_name, wsreg_remove_display_name, wsreg_get_display_name, wsreg_get_display_languages - add, remove, or return a localized display name SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_add_display_name(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language, const char *display_name); int wsreg_remove_display_name(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language); char *wsreg_get_display_name(const Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language); char **wsreg_get_display_languages(const Wsreg_component *comp); DESCRIPTION
For each of these functions, the comp argument specifies the component on which these functions operate. The language argument is the ISO 639 language code identifying a particular display name associated with the specified component. The wsreg_add_display_name() function adds the display name specified by display_name to the component specified by comp. The wsreg_remove_display_name() function removes a display name from the component specified by comp. The wsreg_get_display_name() function returns a display name from the component specified by comp. The wsreg_get_display_languages() returns the ISO 639 language codes for which display names are available from the component specified by comp. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_add_display_name() function returns a non-zero value if the display name was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_remove_display_name() function returns a non-zero value if the display name was removed; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_get_display_name() function returns the display name from the specified component if the component has a display name for the specified language code. Otherwise, NULL is returned. The caller must not free the resulting display name. The wsreg_get_display_languages() function returns a null-terminated array of ISO 639 language codes for which display names have been set into the specified component. If no display names have been set, NULL is returned. It is the caller's responsibility to release the resulting array, but not the contents of the array. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)