Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't find SCSI drives
Operating Systems Solaris can't find SCSI drives Post 302583332 by hergp on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 07:08:24 AM

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

mapping drives

how can i map a shared network drive? Is there any command to perform mapping? For example if i want to map a shared directory named "wwwroot" in machine "dev001" to my machine's "X" drive, how can it be done?? -Thanks Sakthi. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cs_sakthi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

detecting drives

I know that Unix is different from windows in that it needs more manual configuring but how do I get Solaris 8 (Intel version) to recognize my floppy drive and cd-rom?? I mean does it automatically detect the drives at startup and I have to mount them or do I have to create the drives somehow and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Opinions on Internal SCSI Tape Drives for FreeBSD home server?

Any recommend manufacturers for an internal SCSI tape drive in my FreeBSD 7.0 home server? Besides RAID-1, I'm not backing-up, but man, are they expensive! What makes a tape drive so darn pricy? There is no way I can afford a new drive so I'll start looking on eBay and craigslist to see if there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unable to mount/find new drives

Hi, I work offshore and we have a system that records excessive amounts of data (Terabytes), therefore we changed the 16 x 400GB drives to 16 x 1TB drives. However, since doing this, upon bootup, the system does not recognize the new drives. These drives are external drives in a chassis which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamrocks
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to let "this" find all hard drives correctly

hi all I've been working on a project to create a custom centos live-cd with a tsm client installed. so far, the kickstart script isnt working properly to add icons into a live user's desktop. I found there is a expression looking strange. it isnt working, neither. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New Drives on Solaris 8

Hi All! I'm running Solaris 8(02/02) on a v880 with 6 internal drives and several SAN drives attached via HBA cards. My questions is this: Can I use devfsadm -C to see new SAN drives without rebooting? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

where to find the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors"

Hi, During start up I got the message "Your disk drives are being checked for errors". But it went so fast that I could read following messages. Once logged I though I could find it in "dmesg" but nothing... May someone know where I can find plese ? :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
3 Replies
VPO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    VPO(4)

NAME
vpo -- parallel to SCSI interface driver SYNOPSIS
device vpo For one or more SCSI busses: device scbus DESCRIPTION
The vpo driver provide access to parallel port Iomega Zip and Jaz drives. HARDWARE
The vpo driver supports the following parallel to SCSI interfaces: o Adaptec AIC-7110 Parallel to SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP drives) o Iomega Jaz Traveller interface o Iomega MatchMaker SCSI interface (built-in to Iomega ZIP+ drives) USAGE
The driver should let you use a printer connected to the drive while transferring data. DOS and FreeBSD file systems are supported. When mounting a DOS file system or formating a FreeBSD file system, check the slice of the disk with the fdisk(8) utility. In order to unixify a ZIP disk, put the following in /etc/disktab: zip|zip 100: :ty=removable:se#512:nc#96:nt#64:ns#32: :pa#196608:oa#0:ba#4096:fa#512: :pb#196608:ob#0:bb#4096:fb#512: :pc#196608:oc#0:bc#4096:fc#512: and use bsdlabel(8). If you have trouble with your driver, your parallel chipset may not run properly at the detected mode (NIBBLE, PS2 or EPP). Tune the ppc(4) bootflags to force other modes. SEE ALSO
da(4), lpt(4), ppbus(4), ppc(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The vpo manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Nicolas Souchu. BUGS
During boot, the driver first tries to detect a classic ZIP, then a ZIP+. The ZIP+ detection is intrusive and may send erroneous characters to your printer if the drive is not connected to your parallel port. BSD
December 14, 2004 BSD