Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMC web console
Operating Systems Solaris SMC web console Post 302583273 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 04:48:03 AM
Old 12-20-2011
It seems to be deprecated with Solaris 11.
Have a look here

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Non-gui equivalent to SMC Management Console?

Forgive my naievety, but is there a non-Gui version of the administration tool, SMC? I need to run this on a remote Putty login and it is just plain UNIX. When I invoke SMC, I get java.lang.ClassLoader errors, a bunch of jibberish and a root prompt. I have searched Google, seems as if it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with connecting with Sun Java Web console

Hi, I have Solaris 10 8/07 on SPARC and I can't log in Web console. When I opened browser (Firefox 3) at localhost:6789 I get Save file dialog which asks me to save some file with .part at the end. What information should I provide to find out where is the trouble?.. Internet explorer says... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS and Web Console

All, I am trying to get the Sun Web Console to work with ZFS and am not getting anywhere. When I first tried to get the web console https://server:6789/zfs it gave me a page can't be displayed (500 error). I've played around and performed the following and can now get it to log in and display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkoth
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Secure Web Console Firmware

I have firmware 2.0 for the HP Secure Web Console, but looking for 1.8. Hp does not have this posted anywhere. Anyone have it? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
0 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs web console

i need how to use graphical user interface for zfs using web console , thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amr
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

J3591A, HP Secure Web Console firmware

Hello all, Looking for a pre v2.0 rev of firmware for this ancient device. Nothing I've seen in searches indicates previous versions were available for download but I have to believe they were. I've tried the new hpe community website, (formerly ITRC I believe) but no dice. Also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ddentity
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)