Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas Post 302583200 by skk on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 12:07:12 AM
Old 12-20-2011
I wanted to update this thread in case anyone is stupid enough to have this same problem. In desperation I installed the new opensolaris11 on a the right drive this time, and then I was able to import my pool in a degraded but functional state. Since this is a raidz2 pool I should be able to restore just fine. I don't know what opensolaris11 did to my pool, but then again I don't really care either if I can have my data back. Whew that was scary. I vow to back up everything really important. zfs is great but you can still loose everything in the blink of an eye.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Insufficient permissions on ftp'ed files from WIN2K to HP-UX

We have an application running on Win2K and this application ftp files to HP-UX using ftpdc as user id. The files are created in HP-UX with following permissions: -rw-r----- 1 ftpdc users 968321 Apr 12 22:57 aaaa.txt There is a job that runs on HP-UX trying to modify this file using the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamika
7 Replies

3. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with DiskSuite replicas

Good morning, I have Solstice disk suite installed on my server. One disk broke so I sostitute it. A replica was present on this disk. I had delete and then recreate it with commands metadb -d and metadb -a. Now when I inquire for the status of replicas I see this: stp11# metadb -i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

insufficient available memory

Hi, when navigating on application webpages (peoplesoft applications) the users receive : INSUFFICIENT AVAILABLE MEMORY. I issued vmstat on UNIX server ( where is hosted Web server and application server and DB). Here is the result : :vmstat 2 10 System configuration: lcpu=4 mem=30720MB... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

7. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

9. Solaris

13 disk raidz2 pool lost

Hi guys, I appreciate any help in this regard, we have lost sensitive data in the company. One box with 2 disk mirrored and a 3ware controller handling 13 disks in a raidz2 pool. Suddenly the box restart and keeps "Reading ZFS config" for hours. Unplugging disk by disk we isolate the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatxo
3 Replies
MEMCACHED_POOL_ST(3)						   libmemcached 					      MEMCACHED_POOL_ST(3)

NAME
memcached_pool_st - libmemcached Documentation SYNOPSIS
#include <libmemcached/memcached_pool.h> memcached_pool_st memcached_pool_st* memcached_pool(const char *option_string, size_t option_string_length) memcached_pool_st* memcached_pool_create(memcached_st* mmc, int initial, int max) Deprecated since version 0.46: Use memcached_pool() memcached_st* memcached_pool_destroy(memcached_pool_st* pool) memcached_st* memcached_pool_pop(memcached_pool_st* pool, bool block, memcached_return_t *rc) Deprecated since version 0.53: Use memcached_pool_fetch() memcached_st* memcached_pool_fetch(memcached_pool_st*, struct timespec* relative_time, memcached_return_t* rc) New in version 0.53: Synonym for memcached_pool_pop memcached_return_t memcached_pool_push(memcached_pool_st* pool, memcached_st *mmc) Deprecated since version 0.53: Use memcached_pool_push() memcached_return_t memcached_pool_release(memcached_pool_st* pool, memcached_st* mmc) New in version 0.53: Synonym for memcached_pool_push. memcached_return_t memcached_pool_behavior_set(memcached_pool_st *pool, memcached_behavior_t flag, uint64_t data) memcached_return_t memcached_pool_behavior_get(memcached_pool_st *pool, memcached_behavior_t flag, uint64_t *value) Compile and link with -lmemcachedutil -lmemcached DESCRIPTION
memcached_pool() is used to create a connection pool of objects you may use to remove the overhead of using memcached_clone for short lived memcached_st objects. Please see libmemcached_configuration for details on the format of the configuration string. memcached_pool_destroy() is used to destroy the connection pool created with memcached_pool_create() and release all allocated resources. It will return the pointer to the memcached_st structure passed as an argument to memcached_pool_create(), and returns the ownership of the pointer to the caller when created with memcached_pool_create(), otherwise NULL is returned.. memcached_pool_fetch() is used to fetch a connection structure from the connection pool. The relative_time argument specifies if the func- tion should block and wait for a connection structure to be available if we try to exceed the maximum size. You need to specify time in relative time. memcached_pool_release() is used to return a connection structure back to the pool. memcached_pool_behavior_get() and memcached_pool_behavior_set() is used to get/set behavior flags on all connections in the pool. Both memcached_pool_release() and memcached_pool_fetch() are thread safe. RETURN
memcached_pool_destroy() returns the pointer (and ownership) to the memcached_st structure used to create the pool. If connections are in use it returns NULL. memcached_pool_pop() returns a pointer to a memcached_st structure from the pool (or NULL if an allocation cannot be satisfied). memcached_pool_release() returns MEMCACHED_SUCCESS upon success. memcached_pool_behavior_get() and memcached_pool_behavior_get() returns MEMCACHED_SUCCESS upon success. If any methods returns MEMCACHED_IN_PROGRESS then a lock on the pool could not be obtained. If any of the parameters passed to any of these functions is invalid, MEMCACHED_INVALID_ARGUMENTS will be returned. memcached_pool_fetch may return MEMCACHED_TIMEOUT if a timeout occurs while waiting for a free memcached_st. MEMCACHED_NOTFOUND if no mem- cached_st was available. HOME
To find out more information please check: http://libmemcached.org/ AUTHOR
Brian Aker, <brian@tangent.org> Trond Norbye, <trond.norbye@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
memcached(1) libmemcached(3) memcached_strerror(3) libmemcached_configuration(3) AUTHOR
Brian Aker COPYRIGHT
2011, Brian Aker DataDifferential, http://datadifferential.com/ 1.0.8 May 22, 2012 MEMCACHED_POOL_ST(3)