Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Forcing Linux to keep charging my Kindle Post 302582999 by Corona688 on Monday 19th of December 2011 09:31:13 AM
Old 12-19-2011
That is strange indeed, for I've been hunting for a way to turn off power for USB ports in Linux and comprehensively told that Linux won't do this, at all, ever.

You could try disabling USB power management in your kernel.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcing irq on PCMCIA card

ENV: linux Version: Mandrake 8.1, PCMCIA card: longshine lcs-8534TB. (supported according the PCMCIA docs) laptop is P-II lifetec /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia: PCMCIA=yes PCIC=i82365 ( found via probe -m ) PCIC_OPTS="cs_irq=11 pci_irq_list=11,11 do_scan=0" ( you see i want to force irq 11 )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

forcing su on a user

This is for 3 os's, AIX, Solaris, and AIX, didnt want to post three seperate times on the same subject, anyways, I want to force the user MQM to su, i.e. not be able to rlogin/telnet to the box as user MQM, only login as there ID(chris for example) and su to MQM, does anyone know how to do this,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Charging for Linux?

Hello, Just been browsing Linux sites and have been coming across alot of news articles saying that Unix/Linux will no longer be free or open source anymore. Anyone else heard anything like this? It's a bit worrying. I have already seen example like that with Redhat I think. Is Linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

4. Solaris

forcing users to su

Is there a way in solaris 9 to prevent a user to login via ssh, telnet, rlogin, and only be able to su as that user, for example have DBA joe blow login as jblow, and then su to oracle BUT not vice versa have DBA joe blow login as oralce (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

5. Solaris

forcing password change every X days?

Hi, how do I go about forcing users to change their password every, say, 30 days? Aaron (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amheck
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Forcing a kernel panic in RHEL 5.4

Hello, Is there a way to force a kernel panic in RHEL 5.4 in such a way that the machine reboots after the panic. Thanks, Kanna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

7. Programming

c/c++ clock like , battery charging

Hi all , I need to make a program who describes this ( upper ) graphic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Sawtooth-td_and_fd.png My idea is to implement a battery charge x: 0 to time T, y : 0 to 1 values. Can you help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerold
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Own a Kindle?

The Kindle 3 is making headlines as Amazon's #1 bestseller. According to Amazon: Do you own a Kindle? What do you think about them? (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
43 Replies

9. Programming

Forcing a write to a file without newline?

Hello, I am writing a program which runs with root privileges, and it creates a child with lowered privileges and has to redirect it's stdout and stderr to a file and then run bash. The problem is, whenever I read this file, I want to see all of the current output, even when the program is still... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madd-games
10 Replies
EHCI(4)                                                    BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                    EHCI(4)

NAME
ehci -- USB Enhanced Host Controller driver SYNOPSIS
device ehci DESCRIPTION
The ehci driver provides support for the USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface, which is used by USB 2.0 controllers. EHCI controllers are peculiar in that they can only handle the USB 2.0 protocol. This means that they normally have one or more companion controllers (i.e., ohci(4) or uhci(4)) handling USB 1.x devices. Consequently each USB connector is electrically connected to two USB con- trollers. The handling of this is totally automatic, but can be noticed since USB 1.x and USB 2.0 devices plugged in to the same connector appear to connect to different USB busses. SEE ALSO
ohci(4), uhci(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ehci device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. BUGS
The driver is not finished and is quite buggy. There is currently no support for isochronous transfers. BSD March 20, 2005 BSD