Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify a lot of html files Post 302582693 by butterbaerchen on Saturday 17th of December 2011 04:08:19 AM
Old 12-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaazkal
Is there any software that can do this for me?
Emacs can do this for you

Code:
M-x dired-mark-extension
M-x dired-do-query-replace-regexp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files

Hi everybody, I have a certine file with lots of number, Which I want to add a " in the begging and at the and of each line. Could anyone tell me how can I do it? Cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amgo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem comparing 2 files with lot of data

Hello everyone, here's the scenario I have two files, each one has around 1,300,000 lines and each line has a column (phone numbers). I have to get the phones that are in file1 but not in file2. I can get these phones trough Oracle but my boss does not want that so he gave me the files with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafisha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modify files through scripts

Hello, all I want to implement some actions on the specified files, to modify some contents in the files, as follows: File1: **** name carol birthday 830319 ******* name billy birthday 831001 *************** ____________________________ The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename a lot of files again

here I go again...kinda hard to explain so I apologize. I need to rename a bunch of files in a directory. I need to remove the first three characters of the filename, and then toward the end of the filename there is constant text inside of brackets. here is a demo (not for real) 'ls -1' of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting with unique piping for a lot of files

Hi power user, if I have this file: file1.txt: 1111 1111 2222 2222 3333 3333 3333 4444 4444 4444 when I run the sort file1.txt | uniq > data1.txt the result is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod a lot of files

So i have about 600gb of data.. in which there are alot of directories and alot of files.. Im trying to put this on a ftp server.. So i want to set the permissions on the directories to be 755 and the permission on the files to be 644. So i used: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {}\; and find .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a lot of files using shells script

Hi This is the list file that i have : The files is more than this. I will rename one by one file become like this : So just change the time stamp 200906 become 200905. Is it possible using script ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lot of warn files filling /

hi guys I have suse 11 sp1 and I have a lot of warn file filling / these are under /var/log there's this big one -rw-r----- 1 root root 3.9G Feb 1 10:28 warn warn: ASCII text and the others that are about 2.5 to 3MB - they are about 130 warn-*.bz2 -rw-r----- 1 root root 3.9G Feb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a lot of files in subdirectories automatically

Hi, I have a huge structure of directories and subdirectories contsining some data. The lowest folders contain a file "image.png" which need to be converted to "folder.jpg". But how can I do that for all these files automatically? That's what I alredy have find /path -type f -name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KarlKarpfen
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)