Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to prevent queues from disabling themselves Post 302582592 by methyl on Friday 16th of December 2011 12:15:41 PM
Old 12-16-2011
VPN can be a strange environment. As can Microsoft TCP/IP on any of their computers when it has a firewall.
I guess that the VPN connection is made from the PC and not from the router - or you would not be connecting the printers to PCs?
It is so much easier to deal with LAN-connected printers providing that the VPN connection is from the router.

When it is working, if you "ping" one of these Windows PCs (which has a printer attached) does it reply?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Queues

I have a print queue set up with the following options: remote, standard processing, Hostname=(A Windows 2000 Server), bsd print spooler. It takes about 1 minute to transfer a 100 kb file and it times out (downs the queue) on larger files. When tested on a different system at a different location... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottb7711
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

at queues

Hi, I submit some processes throught an at queue with the cmd at -q queue. I can easily check the waiting process with atq. But how can I check running processes within a specific queue ? Thanks, Stef (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stef
2 Replies

3. Linux

print queues

RH 7.2 Are there any commands to check the print queue status? Something along the lines of AIX's "qchk"? Thanks!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

4. Programming

Message queues

Hi all, I've been trying for hours to figure out how to turn my 2-program (one to send and one to receive) "chat system" using message queues, into a single program where each concurrent component (entity) will both send and receive messages. PLEASE give me a hand with this, I'm starting to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgchato
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

let 3 processes a, b and c are sharing msgs using msg queues.process 'a' sending msg to 'c' and in turn 'c' send sthat msg to 'b'.if something happens to c how can 'a' and 'b' know that 'c' is not available?????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukaam
2 Replies

6. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

message queues

#include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/msg.h> int main() { int qid; int t; struct msgbuf mesg; qid=msgget(IPC_PRIVATE,IPC_CREAT); mesg.mtype=1L; mesg.mtext=1; t=msgsnd(qid,&mesg,1,0); printf("%d",t); } the program prints -1 as the result of msgsnd ,which means that msgsnd doesn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tolkki
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message queues

can any body provide a tutorial that explains the concept of message queues in UNIX in great detail (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

9. Programming

Scheduling Queues: Help

I have a problem understanding the different scheduling queues (Ready Queue, I/O Queue, Job Queue) Can you please explain/illustrate/differentiate these queues to me? Thanks a lot guys.;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zel2zel
1 Replies
L2tpIPsecVpn(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   L2tpIPsecVpn(1)

NAME
L2tpIPsecVpn - L2tp over IPsec VPN Manager applet for the GNOME Desktop SYNOPSIS
L2tpIPsecVpn [options] DESCRIPTION
This GUI is not a network manager plugin. However, it provides a systray icon in the indicator applet from which a non privileged user can establish and bring down L2TP over IPsec VPN connections. From there the user can add, remove and edit vpn connections. Editing allows configuring various options for IPsec, L2TP and PPP. Among others, the user can configure eg. the gateway, the use of either PSK or a certificate for authentication, various L2TP options as redial- timeout and attempts and of course all important PPP options. It also allows you to configure PPP for tunnel splitting because you can add routes as you want. When applying your settings, all necessary configuration files are written accordingly (ipsec.conf, xl2tp.conf, options.xl2tpd, opensc.conf up and down scripts ...). It relies on Openswan and xl2tp packages as the underlying protocol handlers. You can also use certificates on your local machine or, if e.g. OpenSC is installed and configured, even on a smart card to handle PPP authentication. The GUI automatically detects when network interfaces are going up or down and can (if so configured) automatically establish or close VPN connections. OPTIONS
startConnectionEditor Starts the connection editor dialog. applySettings Write configuration files according to the connection settings, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. deleteAllConfFiles Delete all configuration files, must be started with root privileges, ie use gksudo as non root user. AUTHORS
Werner Jaeger version 1.0.9 11 Oct 2012 L2tpIPsecVpn(1)