Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to test each line in a file Post 302582493 by rymnd_12345 on Friday 16th of December 2011 06:59:37 AM
Old 12-16-2011
Hi CarloM/Guys,

Anyone who knows how to compare the current date with the a file containing a date, say for example I have a file that looks like this:
Code:
Command was launched from partition 0.

------------------------------------------------
Executing command in server server6
Fri Dec 16 13:56:44 EET 2011

Executing command in server server3

Executing command in server backup-server

Executing command in server server1
Fri Dec 16 13:56:45 EET 2011

What I want to do is to check even just the DAY DATE HH:MM of the results versus the current system date/time.

Please advice,
rymnd_12345

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's wrong with this line: if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi

I want to print "empty" if $TEST is empty. TEST= if ${TEST:?} ; then echo empty; fi But it doesn't work. What's wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get last lines of file after last line with word TEST

i need to get least lines of file after last word TEST in file, and send that lines to mail example of file structure: TEST 10.10.2010 jdfjdnjfndjfndnfkdk djfjdnfjkdjkfnjkdfk jdfjdjfnjdjnfjkdnfjk TEST 11.10.2010 jdjfnjdnfdkdfjdfjdnk jdnfjdnjkfndnfjdnfjk fjdnfjkndnfdfnjdnfjk TEST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I test the first char of each line in an array

Hi folks, I am self-learning as I can I have a script that has read a file into an array. I can read out each line in the array with the code: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} ## $LENGTH was determined at the read in do echo "${data}" done What I need to do is test the first char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Data in test file and write each out to a line

I have a .csv file that has been create from a google form and I need to extract the data from it that has been entered by users. The CSV will have anywhere between 100 and 1000 lines which comprise entr data for a sports carnival A few typical line is shown here to show the problem I have ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcpoole
19 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)