Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting Date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY Post 302582127 by vivek d r on Thursday 15th of December 2011 03:20:26 AM
Old 12-15-2011
@ady_koolz: my code is tested it works fine in linux.. i donno about solaris... but anyway try this once.. comment this line
#mon=${mon:0:2}

and try.. hope it works...

---------- Post updated at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ----------

@ni2: your code is best dude... its damn simple :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to convert the string YYYYMMDD into YYYY.MM.DD

how to convert the string YYYYMMDD into YYYY.MM.DD Please advice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

How to convert the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd in unix my script will generate text file which have two fields one is date and another is name of the server for example this is sample date which I have to sort based on older to newer date the problem is when I found out sort will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY

In my shell script i have a variable which stores date in the format of YYYYMMDD. Is there any way to format this value to MM/DD/YYYY. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasirgondal
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion help from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/Mon/yyyy i.e. 28/10/2012 to 28/Oct/2012

Hi I have a problem with Date format in my code. 1st I am trying to convert today's date to yesterday's using YESTERDAY3=`perl -e '@y=localtime(time()-86400); printf "%04d/%02d/%02d",$y+1900,$y+1,$y;$y;'` And once it is done I am trying to using the yesterday date in a grep command to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
3 Replies

10. Programming

Date format change from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd in comma seperate line in perl

Hi All, I have line ,A,FDRM0002,12/21/2017,,0.961751583,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it contains date in mm/dd/yyyy format i want to change this to yyyymmdd format using perl. Use code tags, thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
8 Replies
PROF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PROF(1)

NAME
prof - display profile data SYNOPSIS
prof [ -v ] [ -a ] [ -l ] [ -low [ -high ] ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
Prof interprets the file mon.out produced by the monitor subroutine. Under default modes, the symbol table in the named object file (a.out default) is read and correlated with the mon.out profile file. For each external symbol, the percentage of time spent executing between that symbol and the next is printed (in decreasing order), together with the number of times that routine was called and the number of mil- liseconds per call. If the -a option is used, all symbols are reported rather than just external symbols. If the -l option is used, the output is listed by symbol value rather than decreasing percentage. If the -v option is used, all printing is suppressed and a graphic version of the profile is produced on the standard output for display by the plot(1) filters. The numbers low and high, by default 0 and 100, cause a selected percentage of the profile to be plotted with accord- ingly higher resolution. In order for the number of calls to a routine to be tallied, the -p option of cc must have been given when the file containing the routine was compiled. This option also arranges for the mon.out file to be produced automatically. FILES
mon.out for profile a.out for namelist SEE ALSO
monitor(3), profil(2), cc(1), plot(1) BUGS
Beware of quantization errors. PROF(1)