Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user not connecting remotely
Operating Systems Solaris user not connecting remotely Post 302581848 by Mack1982 on Wednesday 14th of December 2011 08:35:53 AM
Old 12-14-2011
Did you set a password for the user?
Can you login via utilities like putty?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New UNIX user connecting SOLARIS to XP

I am a new UNIX user. I am trying to connect a Windows XP laptop to a SOLARIS server. I have added the XPs hostname and IP address to the /ETC/hosts file. I am connecting through a hub. I am not able to telnet or ping in either direction. If I ping the server IP address on the server, I receive a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Remotely connecting to HP-UX poses a lot of problems

1)MY HP-UX11iv2 machine is on a specific subnet as in rrr.rr.199.( its a rp3410 blade server).It has 2 hard disks one of them has HP-UX11iv2 and the other hard disk is not being used 2)ip of the hp-ux machine is rrr.rr.199.rrr 3)i need to access this hp-ux machine remotely from a windows machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk remotely

Hi there I am trying to add up the disk space used on a remote linux box but am falling at the first hurdle i.e isolating the 'space used' column with df -k on the remote box if i run this, i get the df -k output as expected # rsh remote-server 'df -k|grep sd|grep -v boot' /dev/sda3 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script for connecting to a different user

Hi Gurus, I want to connect to a different user in unix from my terminal. I know the password of that user and username.when i am using "su username" it asks me for the password and entering the corresponding password ,it takes me to that.but i want to write a shell script in which i will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

How can i get My parent user name while i am on remotely logged on other server.

Hi please suggest .. how can i get my original user from which logged in to another server. my main current login is $whoami nitin ssh nit01@n01 i m going (redirected)to log in below path.. nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> pwd /home/n01 nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> on this server i want get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why i cannot execute remotely soffice with this new user ?

Hi, I would like to remotely execute soffice with different users on a remote machine. Basically I am connected to the machineA as user John. I would like to execute several soffice to the remote machineB. The remote machine B has different users R,S on the same group. I can launch remotely... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Robert2011
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SSH Remotely

Hello. I am trying to ssh and run a script from a remote computer. These computers will be both Windows and MACs. I am using Solaris 8 and what I have tried is: using putty ssh user@ip_address (remote command) /folder/folder/filename.sh The issue here is that the user profile has not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
3 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)