Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using Terminal to Take Screenshots Post 302581570 by TranscendArcus on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 11:50:11 AM
Old 12-13-2011
So I've changed the script to be more or less what vbe recommended. With regard to methyl, that's a fantastic idea! But how do I adjust the resolution of the screenshots? I read the manual entry of screencapture, but I didn't see a way to adjust picture quality.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GUI Screenshots - HP-UX

How do I capture screenshots on HP-UX and how do I name the files so I can move them to microsoft? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay_mow
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking Screenshots in Unix

Hello, I am trying to take screenshots of various windows and dialog boxes in Unix. I am primarily a Windows user and am wondering if Unix has the capability of taking screenshots similar to using "Print Screen" and "Alt+Print Screen" in Windows? If not, then could anyone please suggest a method... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skybum105
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking Screenshots With the Terminal

Hi, So this is kind of a bizarre request: Is there a way I can get the Terminal to take 30 successive screenshot images over the course of 2 seconds? I figure you can do almost anything through the terminal, so I'm hoping this is possible, too. Truthfully, I don't know that much about Unix,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TranscendArcus
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Post Geeky Screenshots - Just for Fun

Hello All, I have been sitting idle (as usual -- what are scripts for!!) and just thought why can't we have a colorful thread full of screnshots of terminal emulators (PuTTY for example) of admins doing their work. It could be geeky enough and inspiring to those new to UNIX/Linux world. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get terminal application to launch with a graphical launcher when successful in terminal

I have been having an extremely annoying problem. For the record, I am relatively new at this. I've only been working with unix-based OS's for roughly two years, mostly Xubuntu and some Kali. I am pretty familiar with the BASH language, as that's the default shell for debian. Now, I've made this... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get notified when screenshots are taken?

Hi, I use third-party softwares but like to get notified when screenshots, if any, are taken. Any hints on how to achieve it? Thanks, Riku Linux 3.19.0-56-generic #62~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 11 11:03:15 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rikuito
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to login and screenshots?

Dear All, Is that possible to open a url in chrome and then login with credentials and then click on particular link there ,then taking screenshot of that page via shell script ? I need to open an website like XXXXX.XXXX.XXX.XX:1235 ..there will be two fields for login Username and Password ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
2 Replies
RA_RGBE(1)						      General Commands Manual							RA_RGBE(1)

NAME
ra_rgbe - convert between different RADIANCE picture types SYNOPSIS
ra_rgbe [ -r ][ -e +/-stops ][ -f ][ -n frameno ] [ input [ outspec ] ] DESCRIPTION
Ra_rgbe converts between RADIANCE run-length encoded and flat formats, and separates concatanated animation frames produced by rpict(1). The -e option specifies an exposure compensation in f-stops (powers of two). Only integer stops are allowed, for efficiency. By default, ra_rgbe produces a flat RADIANCE picture file from any type of RADIANCE input picture. The -r option causes ra_rgbe to produce a run- length encoded file instead. If the input file consists of multiple animation frames as produced by rpict with the -S option, ra_rgbe will read each frame and write it to the output file created by calling printf(3) with the output specification and frame number as arguments. If the output specification begins with an exclamation mark ('!'), then this interpreted as a command spec., which is also run through printf with the frame number to get the final command. This command must accept a Radiance picture on its standard input, and may write results either to a file or to the standard output. The -n option may be used to select a specific frame for output, and other frames in the input will be skipped. Nor- mally, all frames will be read and written. Ra_rgbe will report an error and exit if the target output file already exists, unless the -f option is given. If the output file is miss- ing, the standard output is used. If the input file is missing or set to '-', the standard input is used. NOTES
The file format for RADIANCE pictures was changed between release 1.4 and release 2.0. The older format can still be read by all the pro- grams, but only the newer format is produced. This newer format cannot be read by RADIANCE software prior to release 2.0. Ra_rgbe provides some downward compatibility by producing files that can be read by older RADIANCE software. The resultant files are also easier to manipulate with programs designed to read raw raster data. The other use for ra_rgbe is as a quicker way to adjust the exposure of a RADIANCE picture than pfilt(1), since ra_rgbe only allows integer f-stop changes. In this mode, ra_rgbe should be used with the -r option. AUTHOR
Greg Ward ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Work on this program was initiated and sponsored by the LESO group at EPFL in Switzerland. SEE ALSO
pfilt(1), printf(1), ra_xyze(1), rpict(1) RADIANCE
1/23/98 RA_RGBE(1)