Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [Xquery] How to do a increment in a For loop Post 302581315 by m.d.ludwig on Monday 12th of December 2011 08:42:48 PM
Old 12-12-2011
I do apologize, I skipped right over the 'XQuery' requirement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in 'for' loop?

Hi Guys, My first post..:) Right...I want to move existing files (with some date in their name) currently in $mainftp, to $mainfolder/$foldate/system1. I'd like to be able to increment date in the for loop? Is this possible or should I use a different technique. The script return the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

the given code goes in infinite loop and does not increment variable i

code is as #!/bin/sh i=1; while do welcome $i times; i='expr $i+1'; done exit 0; (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrityunjay22
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment nested for loop parllely

Hi , I am trying to increment the nested for loops parellely,but i cant ,i used continue 2 but the second loop not getting increment. no1="1 6 5 4 8" no2="4 7 8 0 1" for var1 in $no1 ; do for var2 in $no2 ; do line1 line 2 line 3 continue 2 done done Please help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmahendran
4 Replies

4. Programming

[XQuery] How to Convert from JSON Message to XML Message with XQuery

Hi guys, I'm in a job of converting a restful webservice to soap. Tool for convertation uses XQuery. Now i need to convert a message like this: { "firstName": "John", "midName": null, "lastName": "Smith", "married": false, "address": { "streetAddress": "21 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

For/While Loop to Increment Filenames in a Script

Daily stupid question. I want to increment the file name everytime the script is run. So for example if the filename is manager.log and I run the script, I want the next sequence to be manager.log1. So to be clear I only want it to increment when the script is executed. So ./script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and increment at each occurence of string (loop)

I created script (sh shell) to generate vlc playlist based on some data files. All works fine so far except one string I do not know how to handle with. VLCSTART='<vlc:id>' VLCV=0 VLCEND='</vlc:id>' echo -e $'\n'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'$'\t'\$VLCSTART$VLCV$VLCENDOutput file contains several occurences... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
10 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file loop and increment value for condition

I am trying to have the below batch file do following two things: 1. only allow the values YES,yes,Y,y, or NO,no,N,n 2. increment the counter %var1 only if answer to question 2 is "y" and not able to get the syntax correct. If %var1%=1 then I am trying to display function :end. Thank you :).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel increment of nested for loop

Hi, I am using solaris 5.10 environment and need help on doing parallel increment of nested for loop. Samples #inside the code the values assigned to a variable by another awk command will be like a=/xyz/pg/as /xyz/pg/as2 /xyz/pg/as3 b=/xyz/sd/fd1 /xyz/sd/fd2 /xyz/sd/fd3 for q in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananan
1 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility with an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
nice runs utility at an altered scheduling priority. If an increment is given, it is used; otherwise an increment of 10 is assumed. The super-user can run utilities with priorities higher than normal by using a negative increment. The priority can be adjusted over a range of -20 (the highest) to 20 (the lowest). A priority of 19 or 20 will prevent a process from taking any cycles from others at nice 0 or better. Available options: -n increment A positive or negative decimal integer used to modify the system scheduling priority of utility. EXIT STATUS
The nice utility exits with one of the following values: 1-125 An error occurred in the nice utility. 126 The utility was found but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found. Otherwise, the exit status of nice will be that of utility. COMPATIBILITY
The historic -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
csh(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
nice is built into csh(1) with a slightly different syntax than described here. The form 'nice +10' nices to positive nice, and 'nice -10' can be used by the super-user to give a process more of the processor. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD