Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help with Timezone locale. Post 302581294 by rama krishna on Monday 12th of December 2011 04:09:21 PM
Old 12-12-2011
Need help with Timezone locale.

HI Gurus,

I have a issue. One of our applications needs the data loads with the timezone (CST) but our zones run on GMT. I tried to change the TZ value under /etc/default/init value but it seems to effect the the whole zone. Is there any way I can just set up the TZ as CST for a particular user.

Thanks in Advance.
RK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change locale ?

Hi, I have Solaris 7 installed. When I give the command 'locale' from the box, I am getting all the environment variables as 'de' ! I want it to be in English. How do I change the locale ?? TIA, Srinivas. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snsrini
1 Replies

2. Programming

Locale setting

Hi, In the sample program, I am trying to print a Japanese string. The code is as follows: main() { setlocale(LC_ALL,""); printf("String is %S\n", L"JAP"); // Note "JAP" is a valid japanese string } If locale is C, the string gets printed, but if it a valid japanese locale, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dippan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Input Locale

Hi Guys, Any ideas on how to install the zh_CN (Simplified Chinese) input locale for AIX5.2 ? Can't seem to find it any where. S. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using locale

:confused: Can anyone tell me how to test that locale is working properly in commands like awk, basename, bg, cd, cmp, col, command, csplit, cut, echo, egrep For ex. suppose I have changed locale using LC_ALL=german_germany.8859 export LC_ALL now i want to test(see) it's effect on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installation of locale..

Hi All, i am pretty new to sun solaris env.I need to install a french locale onto my machine.Could you please guide me through the steps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Locale installation..

Hi All, I need to install a swedish locale on a solaris machine(ver. 10).I have the package downloaded.Can anyone please guide me through the steps and things i need to keep in mind when doing the same? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp without locale

Hi all, today i encounter one weird problem. I tried to do the sftp of one file from one server to another and try to load that file in some datawarehouse with a informatica(extraction,tranformation and loading tool) . But the tool is rejecting all later i found that there is some problem in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Locale woes

Greetings Forumers! I've been fighting a locale problem on a v490 running Solaris 10 u4 (8/07). When I login to the system, I get several "locale" error messages: user1's password: Last login: Wed May 26 2010 09:14:13 -0400 from system1 You have mail. couldn't set locale correctly couldn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Locale changes?

I am upgrading a machine to Solaris 10 and noticed a change that would cause a problem for us. We have always used en_US.ISO8859-1 and selected that when setting up the new system. This is the format on our old system $ date Fri Sep 21 10:35:51 PDT 2012 And this is what I got on our old... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bryan.Eidson
1 Replies
CTIME(2)							System Calls Manual							  CTIME(2)

NAME
ctime, localtime, gmtime, asctime, timezone - convert date and time to ASCII SYNOPSIS
#include <u.h> #include <libc.h> char* ctime(long clock) Tm* localtime(long clock) Tm* gmtime(long clock) char* asctime(Tm *tm) /env/timezone DESCRIPTION
Ctime converts a time clock such as returned by time(2) into ASCII (sic) and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string in the following form. All the fields have constant width. Wed Aug 5 01:07:47 EST 1973 Localtime and gmtime return pointers to structures containing the broken-down time. Localtime corrects for the time zone and possible day- light savings time; gmtime converts directly to GMT. Asctime converts a broken-down time to ASCII and returns a pointer to a 30-byte string. typedef struct { int sec; /* seconds (range 0..59) */ int min; /* minutes (0..59) */ int hour; /* hours (0..23) */ int mday; /* day of the month (1..31) */ int mon; /* month of the year (0..11) */ int year; /* year A.D. - 1900 */ int wday; /* day of week (0..6, Sunday = 0) */ int yday; /* day of year (0..365) */ char zone[4]; /* time zone name */ } Tm; When local time is first requested, the program consults the timezone environment variable to determine the time zone and converts accord- ingly. (This variable is set at system boot time by init(8).) The timezone variable contains the normal time zone name and its difference from GMT in seconds followed by an alternate (daylight) time zone name and its difference followed by a newline. The remainder is a list of pairs of times (seconds past the start of 1970, in the first time zone) when the alternate time zone applies. For example: EST -18000 EDT -14400 9943200 25664400 41392800 57718800 ... Greenwich Mean Time is represented by GMT 0 SOURCE
/sys/src/libc/9sys SEE ALSO
date(1), time(2), init(8) BUGS
The return values point to static data whose content is overwritten by each call. Daylight Savings Time is ``normal'' in the Southern hemisphere. These routines are not equipped to handle non-ASCII text, and are provincial anyway. CTIME(2)