Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: files in time...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting files in time... Post 302580934 by Scott on Sunday 11th of December 2011 08:04:56 AM
Old 12-11-2011
touch is good for this sort of thing:

i.e.
Code:
$ touch -t $(date '+%m%d0700') .reference
$ find . -name "file[12]*.csv" -newer .reference
./file1_11122011.csv
./file2_11122011.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing 10 files at a time

how can i remove 10 ".c" files interactively at one time? i am tring to use the rm -i command, but this command only allows me to remove all the files instead of just 10 at a time. i realise that i can list 10 results at a time by using the find and head command concurrently, but how do i use the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RianTan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One-time use files/links

Im in the process of developing a content based website in which people will be able to upload movies(which are then converted to flv format and displayed in a flash based player.) In order to protect the submitted content I would like to setup an offsite folder for the videos and create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Airhead315
0 Replies

3. Solaris

find files by time

I'm working on a SunOS 5.8 box and I have to search recursively in directories matching a certain pattern for files with a .log extension that have changed within the last n-minutes, and than select the least recently used file and open it for reading, preferrably with tail. Does anyone know how I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files which are generating time to time

Hi all, I always getting great response from this forum, that why i am putting again.... I am working in a company which is giving ATM support.In one of my production server a lot of files are getting generated every day. I want to move these files to another name. The file name which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect you o/p to many files at the same time.

How to redirect your o/p to many files without using for loop. For example:- 1-echo "blablabla" > out01 OUT 2-echo "blablabla" 1>out01 1>OUT 3-echo "blablabla" 1>&out01 1>&OUT the above code does not work! in "1" only the o/p goes to out01 in "2" & "3" the o/p goes to OUT ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.diab
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort two files by time

I had a question about sorting two files which contain data like the following: File 1: 09:12:12 blah blah 0 blah blah 1 blah blah 2 blah blah 09:12:15 blah blah 0 blah blah 1 blah blah 2 blah blah File 2: 09:12:13 blah2 0 blah2 1 blah2 2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rowd23
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to arrange the files according to time

hi friends, m new to unix environment.. i want to know that "how could we arrange the various files in our unix system according to time at which they are accessed, and are there are ways that we can arrange them in ascending or descending manner..." please help me out with full details...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

files older than a certain time

I know how to find files, which are newer than a specific time. touch -t 201103300650 dummy find /path/to/files -type f -newer dummy -exec ls -l {} \; Is there a way to find files, which are older than a specific time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify different files at the same time

Hi, I'm having the following problem. I have some files to modify, between a large number of files. I thought the following code aux2=`grep -l 2.2.17 *` print "$aux2" aux3=`ls -l *.ksh | wc -l` print "$aux3" while ; do print "The counter is $aux3" #Add the sed here ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radicaled
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all files at a time

i have some bar files in a directory appp1.APP.RTP.DEV1 appp2.APP.RTP.DEV1 appp3.APP.RTP.DEV1 need to be renamed as appp1.APP.mmk.DEV1 appp2.APP.mmk.DEV1 appp3.APP.mmk.DEV1 i need to rename all files at a time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
6 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)