Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use linux command in c++? Post 302580902 by vistastar on Sunday 11th of December 2011 05:07:04 AM
Old 12-11-2011
try system("clear");

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps command on linux

Hello everyone, Simple I think? The ps command on linux seem to cut off the full command and makes grep useless, unlike Solaris. Here is an example: Solaris ps -aef|grep blue larry 7111 1 0 Mar 26 ? 0:00 xterm -fg white -bg black -cr blue -j -s -sl 100 Linux ps -aef|grep blue ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command

whats mean of ll -lart and ll -alrt ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol munde
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

F1 in Linux command

Hi, In my root directory i have folder1, folder2, folder3. The folder1 has folder1.1, folder1.2, folder1.3 subdirectories. Similary folder2 has folder2.1, folder2.2, folder2.3 etc. Same for rest of the folders. I have many such folders like folder4, folder5.......upto folder30 in my root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command needed

guys im new here and i need help with some linux commands. filea has keyword on each line identity aaa bbb ccc i have following commands. egrep 'www.identity' ~/home/m3 >~/home/lopo2 wc -l file ~/home/lopo2 say lopo2 has 44 lines then output saved is identity 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahfze
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
CURSES_CLEAR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   CURSES_CLEAR(3)

NAME
curses_clear, clear, wclear, clearok, clrtobot, clrtoeol, erase, werase, wclrtobot, wclrtoeol -- curses clear window routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int clear(void); int clearok(WINDOW *win, bool flag); int clrtobot(void); int clrtoeol(void); int erase(void); int wclear(WINDOW *win); int werase(WINDOW *win); int wclrtobot(WINDOW *win); int wclrtoeol(WINDOW *win); DESCRIPTION
These functions clear all or part of stdscr or of the specified window. The clear() and erase() functions erase all characters on stdscr. wclear() and werase() perform the same function as clear() and erase(), respectively, excepting that the specified window is cleared. By setting flag to TRUE, the clearok() function is used to force the next call to wrefresh() to clear and completely redraw the window given in win. The function clrtobot() will clear stdscr from the current row to the bottom of the screen. clrtoeol() will clear stdscr from the current column position to the end of the line. wclrtobot() and wclrtoeol() are the same as clrtobot() and clrtoeol(), respectively, excepting the window specified is operated on instead of stdscr. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_refresh(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD