Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use linux command in c++? Post 302580902 by vistastar on Sunday 11th of December 2011 05:07:04 AM
Old 12-11-2011
try system("clear");

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps command on linux

Hello everyone, Simple I think? The ps command on linux seem to cut off the full command and makes grep useless, unlike Solaris. Here is an example: Solaris ps -aef|grep blue larry 7111 1 0 Mar 26 ? 0:00 xterm -fg white -bg black -cr blue -j -s -sl 100 Linux ps -aef|grep blue ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux command

whats mean of ll -lart and ll -alrt ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amol munde
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

F1 in Linux command

Hi, In my root directory i have folder1, folder2, folder3. The folder1 has folder1.1, folder1.2, folder1.3 subdirectories. Similary folder2 has folder2.1, folder2.2, folder2.3 etc. Same for rest of the folders. I have many such folders like folder4, folder5.......upto folder30 in my root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux command needed

guys im new here and i need help with some linux commands. filea has keyword on each line identity aaa bbb ccc i have following commands. egrep 'www.identity' ~/home/m3 >~/home/lopo2 wc -l file ~/home/lopo2 say lopo2 has 44 lines then output saved is identity 44 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahfze
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)