Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync through java program - issues with remote connection failure Post 302580405 by MVEERA on Thursday 8th of December 2011 10:40:52 AM
Old 12-08-2011
Yes, I am handling exceptions and logging the error message. When RSYNC terminated at target, the Java program and RSYNC is not detecting that the target has issues. No log files written , Java program will hang and becomes unresponsive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh/sftp failure connection

Hello, I just want to ask regarding the meaning of the error that we got using sftp: Connecting to <TARGET SERVER IP>... @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_falco
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection problem with gui java program to postgreaql database using unix

Having problem in connecting my gui java program to postgreaql database. I first used setenv classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar:proj1, where proj1 is my folder conatining all java and class file, to set classpath. Then javac *.java. Then java proj1.Login. It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uci
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote connection to HP-UX from Linux, GUI issues.

Not sure if that's the best thread title... anyway, working remotely on a HP-UX machine I often need a GUI window when executing remote software installs, and for this I use Cygwin/X on my Windows laptop which works perfectly. Connect via telnet, set DISPLAY, run installer, GUI appears locally -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefcha
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync multiple remote directories one connection

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1 user@host:/home/user1/dir2 user@host:/home/user1/dir3 .... local_dir/ I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrying a remote connection after failure

Hi all, I am new to this forum and want an urgent help from you experts. I am currently using SunOs 5.10. I have a .cfi file which contains some commands to be executed in a node(MSC node in telecom) To connect to a node (for eg node name is MSC1) we have a shell script that has the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: interceptor16
5 Replies

7. Solaris

rsync - remote connection error

Hi , We have installed rsync in two Solaris boxes, when we try to sync files from one machine to another.. it is giving the following error. ld.so.1: rsync: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) rsync... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync with e-mail notification failure

dear all, i have script rsync like this : #!/bin/sh RSYNC=/usr/bin/rsync SSH=/usr/bin/ssh RUSER=root RHOST=123.123.123.1 INTRPATH=/home/jargo/log/internasional/ INTHPATH=/var/www/international/ IIXRPATH=/home/jargo/log/iix/ IIXHPATH=/var/www/iix/ TTLRPATH=/home/jargo/log/total/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indracyd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync Issues

Hi I am running several syncs from different servers to our data centre. I am getting some issues with the rsyncs that i am running. The OS are all red hat enterprise The rsync command is as follows #!/bin/bash if then rsync -aWv --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies
ant(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ant(1)

NAME
ant - a Java based make tool. SYNOPSIS
ant [OPTIONS] [TARGET [TARGET2 [TARGET3] ...]] DESCRIPTION
Like make ant is a tool by which projects can be build. But unlike it, ant is based on Java which means it will run on every platform for which a Java Virtual Machine is available. This makes it a great tool for building Java software. By default it takes information from build.xml which describes the targets. -help, -h print help on the command line options -projecthelp, -p print project help information -version print the version information -diagnostics print information that might be helpful to diagnose or report problems -quiet, -q be extra quiet -verbose, -v be extra verbose -debug, -d print debugging information -emacs, -e produce logging information without adornments -lib <path> specifies a path to search for jars and classes -logfile <file> use the given file to output log to -logger <classname> use the given class to perform logging -listener <classname> add an instance of the given class as a project listener -noinput do not allow interactive input -buildfile, -file, -f <file> use the given buildfile instead of the default build.xml file. This is the ant equivalent of Makefile -D<property>=<value> use value for the given property -keep-going, -k execute all targets that do not depend on failed target(s) -propertyfile <name> load all properties from file with -D properties taking precedence -inputhandler <class> the class which will handle input requests -find, -s <file> search for buildfile towards the root of the filesystem and use it -nice <number> A niceness value for the main thread: 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest); 5 is the default -nouserlib Run ant without using the jar files from ${user.home}/.ant/lib -noclasspath Run ant without using CLASSPATH -autoproxy Java 1.5+ : use the OS proxies -main <class> Override Ant's normal entry point SEE ALSO
make(1) mvn(1) AUTHOR
This manpage is written by Egon Willighagen <egonw@sci.kun.nl> Debian GNU/Linux Feb 2010 ant(1)