Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to create Local IPv6 and IPv4 networks by using ubuntu server as router Post 302580343 by hanuma614 on Thursday 8th of December 2011 07:55:25 AM
Old 12-08-2011
How to create Local IPv6 and IPv4 networks by using ubuntu server as router

Hi,

I have two Cent OS Linux systems and one Ubuntu OS system contains two Ethernet Cards.

I need to create two networks by using Ubuntu sys as router. One network need to configure in IPv4 addresses and another network should configure in IPv6 addresses. Please help me how to configure two networks and routing ?.

Note: I am able to configure two local networks in IPv4 and IPv6 separately by using ubuntu as router.

Please help... !

Thanks,
Hanumantha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

convert from ipv4 to ipv6

hello i'm working on aix 5300-05-03 hacmp ver 5.4 well my issue is that when firewall (gateway to internet ) goes down my machine start to work very very slowly!!! the output of the sniffer is that on the output card , my machine try to convert ipv4 to ipv6 0.0.2.0 my machine is not configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

2. AIX

convert ipv4 ti ipv6

hello i'm working on AIX 5300-05-03 P520 hacmp 5.4 when connection to the internet is going down , firewall down, my application work verey verey slowly!!! and on the sliffer output i'm got trys of my serevr to do convert from ipv4 ipv6 ( 0.0.2.0 and AAAAAAAA). some one have an idea why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

3. Solaris

(Help) IPv6 tunneling over existing IPv4 in Solaris

Hi folks, i hope you'll help me to configure my ipv6 tunnel. First, i create my tunnel in: Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 Tunnel Broker My IP is 83.228.93.34 in HE: ------------------------ Server IPv4 address: 216.66.84.46 Server IPv6 address: 2001:470:1f14:16a::1/64 Client IPv4 address: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

NTP server to support IPv4 and IPv6 client

Hi I am looking to have an NTP server that will support both ipv4 and ipv6 clients. Is there anything specific about the configuration that I should be looking at? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

6. Solaris

ISC DHCP ipv4 and ipv6 options

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

7. AIX

IPv6/IPv4 Only in AIX

Hi all, I have setup ipv6 in AIX machine using autoconf6 command. I was successfull in doing this. after execution of the command local link address was assigned to one of the interfaces (en1).But I have to setup the following environment as well. 1) Machine with only IPv6 support(IPv4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Ntp between ipv4 and ipv6

Hi, I am looking for a solution to configure ntp between ipv4 ( ntp server ) to ipv6 ( client) . I had google, but lot many sites suggest to have dual stock or tunnaling. my issue is I have client has only ipv6 address ans server has ipv4 address. is it possible to sync time,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen.surisett
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface?

Hello dears how to assign IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with same interface on solaris 10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ttashman
1 Replies
Paranoid::Network(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Paranoid::Network(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Network - Network functions for paranoid programs VERSION
$Id: Network.pm,v 0.68 2012/05/29 21:38:19 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
use Paranoid::Network; $rv = ipInNetwork($ip, @networks); $rv = hostInDomain($host, @domains); @ips = extractIP($string1, $string2); $rv = netIntersect( $cidr1, $cidr2 ); DESCRIPTION
This modules contains functions that may be useful for network operations. IPv6 is supported out of the box starting with Perl 5.14. Earlier versions of Perl will require Socket6(3) installed as well. If it is available this module will use it automatically. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS ipInNetwork $rv = ipInNetwork($ip, @networks); This function checks the passed IP against each of the networks or IPs in the list and returns true if there's a match. The list of networks can be either individual IP address or network addresses in CIDR notation or with full netmasks: @networks = qw(127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/24 172.16.12.0/255.255.240.0); IPv6 is supported if the Socket6(3) module is installed or you're running Perl 5.14 or higher. This routine will select the appropriate address family based on the IP you're testing and filter out the opposing address family in the list. NOTE: IPv4 addresses encoded as IPv6 addresses, e.g.: ::ffff:192.168.0.5 are supported, however an IP address submitted in this format as the IP to test for will be converted to a pure IPv4 address and compared only against the IPv4 networks. This is meant as a convenience to the developer supporting dual-stack systems to avoid having to list IPv4 networks in the array twice like so: ::ffff:192.168.0.0/120, 192.168.0.0/24 Just list IPv4 as IPv4, IPv6 as IPv6, and this routine will convert IPv6-encoded IPv4 addresses automatically. This would make the following test return a true value: ipInNetwork( '::ffff:192.168.0.5', '192.168.0.0/24' ); but ipInNetwork( '::ffff:192.168.0.5', '::ffff:192.168.0.0/120' ); return a false value. This may seem counter intuitive, but it simplifies things in (my alternate) reality. Please note that this automatic conversion only applies to the IP argument, not to any member of the network array. hostInDomain $rv = hostInDomain($host, @domains); This function checks the passed hostname (fully qualified) against each of the domains in the list and returns true if there's a match. None of the domains should have the preceding '.' (i.e., 'foo.com' rather than '.foo.com'). extractIPs @ips = extractIP($string1, $string2); This function extracts IP addresses from arbitrary text. If you have Socket6(3) installed or running Perl 5.14 or higher it will extract IPv6 addresses as well as IPv4 addresses. This extracts only IP addresses, not network addresses in CIDR or dotted octet notation. In the case of the latter the netmask will be extracted as an additional address. NOTE: in the interest of performance this function does only rough regex extraction of IP-looking candidates, then runs them through inet_aton (for IPv4) and inet_pton (for IPv6) to see if they successfully convert. Even with the overhead of Paranoid (with debugging and loadModule calls for Socket6 and what-not) it seems that this is an order of a magnitude faster than doing a pure regex extraction & validation of IPv6 addresses. NOTE: Like the ipInNetwork function we filter out IPv4 addresses encoded as IPv6 addresses since that address is already returned as a pure IPv4 address. netIntersect $rv = netIntersect( $cidr1, $cidr2 ); This function is an IPv4/IPv6 agnostic wrapper for the ipv{4,6}NetIntersect functions provided by Paranoid::Network::IPv{4,6} modules. The return value from which ever function called is passed on directly. Passing this function non-IP or undefined values simply returns a zero. DEPENDENCIES
o Paranoid o Paranoid::Network::Socket o Paranoid::Network::IPv4 o Paranoid::Network::IPv6 BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2005, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-29 Paranoid::Network(3pm)