Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in script for set command Post 302580317 by Ramakrishnan Pa on Thursday 8th of December 2011 06:16:10 AM
Old 12-08-2011
time diff between two files

HI,

I am new user. my doubt is below. please give the shell script any body know.

file1:
ramki - 20:34:23
raja - 22:34:45

file2:
ramki - 22:34:45
raja - 23:34:56
i need output like:

ramki - 20:34:23 22:34:45 2:00:22
raja - 22:34:45 23:34:56 1:00:11
i need the time diff ffrom two files.Please help to me.its urgent.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Error with set command

I need to print some mandatory instructions if something fails in the script. I am using set -e to check and exit the script if some scripts/commands return non zero exit code. Is there any way to print these instructions with set command?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shribigb
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -o vi giving set: Syntax error

when trying : set -o vi getting error like- : set: Syntax error help me Double post (of sorts). Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script set command to a variable

Hi, Will following set up work in bash script? I've got errors if assigning following binary command to a variable. But on the other hand, COMMAND="ls" works. Any explanation please? How can I assign binary command to a variable COMMAND then I can just call ${COMMAND}? COMMAND="rsync"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set Command to output a log of every command executed in the script

Hi Guys, I like to output every command executed in the script to a file. I have tried set -x which does the same. But it is not giving the logs of the child script which is being called from my script. Is there any parameters in the Set command or someother way where i can see the log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)