Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11 Post 302579694 by kristofvdo on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 11:02:34 AM
Old 12-06-2011
yeps, I installed several X-servers on the windows pc but unfortunately, they all suffer from the same lag.

By the way, thanks for the quick reply, didn't expect reaction that quick.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Programming

Bit field issues in Linux

edit: skip this post...the next is a better explaination of my issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

5. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit

Hi, i have just installed 4 gb RAM ddr3 on OS Windows 7 32 bit. In "manage peripherals" i see this section: Memory installed (ram) : 4,00 gb (2,30gb usable) Why only 2,30 gb usable ? In Windows 7 32bit the maximum size is not 3,00gb ? see file attached, please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
4 Replies

7. Programming

Visibility of X11 windows

Does anyone know if it is possible to check whether a window in x11 (using xlib) is visible or not? I tried XGetWindowProperty, but that doesn't work, because the windows host (dtwm on Solaris 10) does not support EWMH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsayer1977
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
linsert(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						     linsert(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
linsert - Insert elements into a list SYNOPSIS
linsert list index element ?element element ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command produces a new list from list by inserting all of the element arguments just before the index'th element of list. Each ele- ment argument will become a separate element of the new list. If index is less than or equal to zero, then the new elements are inserted at the beginning of the list. The interpretation of the index value is the same as for the command string index, supporting simple index | arithmetic and indices relative to the end of the list. EXAMPLE
Putting some values into a list, first indexing from the start and then indexing from the end, and then chaining them together: set oldList {the fox jumps over the dog} set midList [linsert $oldList 1 quick] set newList [linsert $midList end-1 lazy] # The old lists still exist though... set newerList [linsert [linsert $oldList end-1 quick] 1 lazy] SEE ALSO
list(3tcl), lappend(3tcl), lindex(3tcl), llength(3tcl), lsearch(3tcl), lset(3tcl), lsort(3tcl), lrange(3tcl), lreplace(3tcl), string(3tcl) | KEYWORDS
element, insert, list Tcl 8.2 linsert(3tcl)