Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using rm with find -exec gives error Post 302579454 by Corona688 on Monday 5th of December 2011 06:45:03 PM
Old 12-05-2011
find is trying to look inside the directory and fails to do so after it's deleted.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find and exec

Hi, Happy new year. Would you be so kind to explain me what does this instruction : find /rep/app -type l -exec ls -l {} \;> allink.lst Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command exec error

Hi All, i am writing a shell script in korn shell which deletes all the files in a directory once in every 10DAYS. the directory has different format files. the script has something like this; cd /home/data/pavi echo "Please Enter the Number of Days to search for" read DAYS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find .... -exec rm .... \; works, but gives an error

I am using find to get all the instances of a given directory name, then remove those directories with a -exec rm command. here is an example: mkdir -p foo/bar find foo -name bar -exec rm -rf {} \; foo will get deleted as I desired, however this pops out on standard error: find: foo/bar:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afifi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

| with find -exec

can we use |(pipe operator) with find -exec.....? or can pipe the output of find command to another command...? if not, why...? pls explain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using MV FIND and -EXEC

Hi, i would like to rename files in directories and subdirs. Files contains specific french or strange caracters. I want to replace all non alpha-numerics by _ (underscore) First, i made this, but i think the "for" is limited. How can i do this directly by FIND ? for file in $(find .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: degraff63
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Exec

Hello All, Is there a way to make exec do a couple of operations on a single input from find? For example, find . -type d -exec ls -l "{}" ";" I would like to give the result of each "ls -l" in the above to a wc. Is that possible? I want to ls -l | wc -l inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Find and exec

Hello, I am a linux newbe. I want to install a program. I can download it only with wget command from internet. As far as i know this wget command does not transfer the exacutable flags. Because of that i wanted to find all configure files and change their mod to 744. I found this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disconnectus
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Find and EXEC

This is a huge issue. and I need it fixed ASAP. account-system gate-system race_traffic_sensor achievement-system global race_voicepack admin glue-system realdriveby admin-system gps realism-system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: austech360
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: missing argument to `-exec' while redirecting using find in perl

Hi Friends, Please help me to sort out this problem, I am running this in centos o/s and whenever I run this script I am getting "find: missing argument to `-exec' " but when I run the same code in the command line I didn't find any problem. I am using perl script to run this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumarselvam
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD