Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming New to programming, need some basic info. Post 302578838 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of December 2011 12:25:03 PM
Old 12-02-2011
I forgot to link the advanced bash scripting guide. I still use it all the time, particularly the 'list of tables' section

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic server info

I'm so new to sys admin work that my ears haven't dried yet. Here's my question: what scripts are available to gather pkginfo, prtdiag, and volume info? I need to gather this type of info from 18 servers of various types: oracle db servers, license servers, nis masters and slaves, etc.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good source of X11 programming info?

Is there a good book or something on practical programming in X11? I have the O'Reilly X window system book set. They don't seem to cover the nuances very well (at least for me). So far the only thing I find on the web is the text from these books. Specifically, I'm looking for optimization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: willil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic Server info on Mac os x

Hi how do i look at the basic server info through terminal on mac. I have the username and password for a web server and i am assigned to add a new url to the web server, but i have no idea where to start. how do i check what kind of server it is? how do i get the DNS information? most... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mj330
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The best way to skin a cat OR how do I get file system info on the most basic level?

Hi, We have an FTP server (vsftpd) running on Linux, that I've kinda built a "Data Management" system around. I could use some ideas as to the best way to handle/create "triggers" for file notifications. Internal users drag 'n drop files from their Windows boxes to the server via Samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
2 Replies

5. Programming

basic socket programming

Hello experts, four machines need to communicate with each other. How can I start the socket programming. Can you please explain me more elaborated way. Thank you for your time and effort in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhakuna
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Can I restore from a flash archive without re-entering the basic sys info?

Hi I would like to be able to take adhoc backups of my systems using flash archive - flarcreate - and then restore from them to the same system without having to enter the basic configuration again when I boot from the Solaris CD. So, I'd like to be able to create a flar archive ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emjs
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic System Info Template

If your boss ask you to create a template for all UNIX systems. Max 10 questions of the system. What would you put down? The system can be any UNIX flavor. Some examples: 1. system name 2. OS 3. ETC What would be for you the most important and relevants. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

A Basic example of socket programming in C

Hello, I have a question about socket programming The question was a homework of this university of past (2011?) course. The server is simulating a sensor that provides readings of temperature, light and humidity (temp.dat, light.dat, humid.dat) each with single column of number, one per row. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies
GPT(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GPT(1)

NAME
gpt - compiler, interpreter and translator for the G-Portugol programming language SYNOPSIS
gpt [ -vhid ] [ -ots output_file ] file1 file2 ... DESCRIPTION
gpt is a simple compiler for the G-Porutol Language. It is possible to have a list of files to be included in the compilation setting the GPT_INCLUDE environment variable, wich should have a list of file paths separated with ":". OPTIONS
-v Shows version information and exits. -h Shows a summary of options and exits. -i Execute interpreting the source code. -d Shows tips in the error report. -o output_file Compile the source code and save the resulting binary with the name output_file. -t output_file Translates the source code to the C programming language and saves the resulting file as output_file. -s output_file Compiles the source code to assembly source. Saves the resulting code as output_file. SEE ALSO
nasm(1) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For further information, visit the website: http://gpt.berlios.de AUTHOR
Thiago Silva <tsilva@sourcecraft.info> GPT(1)