Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: quired output in form of
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting quired output in form of Post 302578596 by summer_cherry on Friday 2nd of December 2011 02:31:08 AM
Old 12-02-2011
below perl may give you some clue

while(<DATA>){
my $str = "eventType".$_;
if($str=~/^(?:eventType)+\s+([^,]+).*eventTime[^\d]+(\d+)/s){
print $1," ",$2,"\n";
}
}
__DATA__
your data here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on formatting output (Table Form)

Data in File ABC:DEFGHI:123 ABCZYE:DEFI:123 ABCFGD:DEF:123 ABCEERRRRR:DEFGHI:123 Expected Format 1 ABC DEFGHIFE 123 2 ABCZYE DEFI 123 3 ABCFGD DEF 123 4 ABCEERRRRR DEFGHI 123 However when i enter the following... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blurboy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need encrypt form

Hi, i need to encrypt and decrypt of a string. pls provide me some syntax or any method available using shell script. i know one method i.e., perl -e 'print pack "H*","message"' so if perl command doesnt work then what is the other method to encrypt and decrypt. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dispaying output in tabular form

hi, I have a script which is dispaying the output as below: Column 3:value1 Column 4:value 4 column 8:value 8 column 9:value 9 column 13:value 13 Column 3:value10 Column 4:value 40 column 8:value 80 column 9:value 90 column 13:value 103 However,I need the output in tabular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
dynamic_field_info, field_info -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int dynamic_field_info(FIELD *field, int *drows, int *dcols, int *max); int field_info(FIELD *field, int *rows, int *cols, int *frow, int *fcol, int *nrow, int *nbuf); DESCRIPTION
The function dynamic_field_info() returns the sizing information for the field given. The function will return the number of rows, columns and the maximum growth of the field in the storage pointed to by the drows, dcols and max parameters respectively. Dynamic field information cannot be requested for the default field. If the field given is not dynamic then dynamic_field_info() will simply return the size of the actual field. The field_info() will return the number or rows, columns, field starting row, field starting column, number of off screen rows and number of buffers in rows, cols, frow, fcol, nrow and nbuf respectively. RETURN VALUES
The functions will return one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. E_BAD_ARGUMENT A bad argument was passed to the function. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD