Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with the functionality of the last (&/or who) command. Post 302578536 by lsteamer on Thursday 1st of December 2011 10:43:05 PM
Old 12-01-2011
Thanks a lot! This at least gives me an idea what to do or where to go.

Just another thing I forgot to mention. It Must work both in Linux as in Solaris.
Will this work in Solaris? 0_o

Anyway, will test it in a moment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restartibility Functionality....

Hello, I am trying to write a script that has a option of restarting the script from where it failed. I have to write a script called Batch.sh. This script has to run quite a few sql files as shown below: logcmd.sh -f test1.sql logcmd.sh -f test2.sql logcmd.sh -f test3.sql logcmd.sh -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
4 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp && rm command, rm: <file> not removed. No such file or directory

Hi, I am running this is korn shell cp $source/$fname $dest/dir && rm $source/$fname This was returned: rm: /dir/file not removed: No such file or directory The file could be found in the $dest directory which meant the cp was success. The above code is used in a for loop to move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep 10 && command doesn't work

Hi there, I found a trick to easily postpone a command by a few seconds: supernova:~# sleep 10 && command &If you logout, the command should still be executed... But not all the time. Could anyone of you explain me why the following command is executed even after logging out: supernova:~# sleep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Functionality

Hi everyone, today i need that someone help to understand this particular line of command. So you can explain to me step by step, it will be great. ---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ---------- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] BASH - chaining TEST and COMMAND with && and II

Can you explain what this line of script is doing. What I have understood is : -- variable C is the name of a software which is either not installed, so it must be installed or allready installed and then should be update if newer version found -- branch B="$B $C" is to install the software --... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input while another command is running &&

This script runs tshark, then displays the output. I want to read a keypress at all times throughout this script, especially during the 10 seconds that tshark is running. This code however, only takes input before tshark runs. #!/bin/bash main() { while (( "1" == "1" )) ; do keypress &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiah07
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep command functionality - discussed

what is the following bash command does grep `date +%Y-%m-%d --date='1 day ago'` /path/to/file/FILE_PREFIX_\`date +%Y%m%d --date='1 day ago'`.dsv | grep -v 'ERROR' | cut -d "|" -f 2 | sed 's/^0/27/' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tera
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)