Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: testing variables issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers testing variables issue Post 302578519 by flw521521 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 08:48:43 PM
Old 12-01-2011
thank you very much!
i think this unix forum is the most rigorous forum i had ever see,which make a big difference with China
thanks Corona688
ps:sorry for my poor english ^_^

---------- Post updated at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:18 PM ----------

do i need to do something to close this thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with variables via cronned script

I have script sourcing the profile of functional user like as below and my .profile for functional user has below entry now when i cron the script i am receiving the below error after execution, though i could see the output of variable when i do echo as below. can you tell me where... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

White spaces issue with shell variables

Hi all, I've a requirement as below Source file src.txt sample data: A<10 white spaces>B12<5 white spaces>C<17 white spaces> A1<5 white spaces>B22<5 white spaces>C13<17 white spaces> when I'm fetching a record from this file into a shell variable like below: vRec=`head -1 src.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_1126
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script problem - Variables Causing Issue

can someone please explain to me what i'm doing wrong with this code: WELT=$(awk '(($1 ~ "^${caag}$") || ($2 ~ "^${caag}$"))' /tmp/Compare.TEXT) when run from the command line, it works. but it seems to be having a problem doing the comparison when variables are involved. i tested from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue expanding variables in ksh script

Hi Guys, I have an issue with awk and variables. I have trawled the internet and forums but can't seem to get the exactt syntax I need. I have tried using awk -v and all sorts of variations but I have hit a brick wall. I have spent a full day on this and am just going round in circles. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting Issue with Variables from awk

Greetings all, Disclaimer: I'm a novice and always welcome best practices as I'm learning. File example: 100,1.1.1.1,1.1.1.2,10.10.10.1,172.16.1.10,172.16.1.20 101,1.1.2.1,1.1.2.2,10.10.20.1,172.16.2.10,172.16.2.20 102,1.1.3.1,1.1.3.2,10.10.30.1,172.16.3.10,172.16.3.20 ...and so on ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjrupp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in shell script variables

Hi, I have a file at $HOME/t.txt, below is file content cat $HOME/t.txt CUSTOMER_${REGION}.out Am using this file content in one script $HOME/samp.sh, below is the script #!/bin/bash REGION=USA x=`cat ${HOME}/t.txt` echo $x Am getting following output.. CUSTOMER_${REGION}.out ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shieksir
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh issue - $SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND undefined variables

I face a weird question I don't know how to deal with. I tried to limit the permission of root user to remote login using ssh. So I did the following for a client server, 1. edit /usr/local/etc/sshd_config and modify as below PermitRootLogin forced-commands-only 2. using pubkey... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue nesting variables in csh.

The variables given are already defined ($file1-$file3, $obsid1-$obsid3, and $n=3). When I go to run the code, the terminal outputs "Missing }." I believe the error is with the nesting of variables. It would save a lot of time getting this while loop working. set i = 1 while (${i} <=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ojdefdidit
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)